Author Topic: Sarnic, news of its demise?  (Read 6328 times)

Offline dogon

Sarnic, news of its demise?
« Reply #10 on: March 29, 2010, 11:57:56 AM »
Yes Sue, and not just any music-they had some stars! The great turkish Jazz trio Telvin, and the wonderful female singer Sumru were amoung those participating. Great records from both of these are available on the wonderful Kalan label.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #11 on: March 29, 2010, 18:08:03 PM »
Just hope then that they continue to offer these evenings this summer...such a beautiful setting for lovely music.

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 11:30:40 AM »
Any further news? Now that the season is under way perhaps there have been some visits to Sarnic??

Offline dogon

« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 11:47:32 AM »
We dont arrive in Kaya till may 21...but I have heard that Sarnic is under new management, though thats not the whole truth-Kaan, who has so ably worked at Sarnic last year and whose command of the English language puts many of us to shame! seems to have taken over, in a mail to me he assures me that he has assembled a new team-including one of Turkeys top chefs (!!!!), but I dont think they have opened yet. So, Sue if you get there first dont forget to post your comments!

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 13:05:18 PM »
will do. Do you happen to have a contact number or email address for the sarnic Dogan? I would like to email and find out what is planned for the summer, i.e. are there going to be any live music nights etc. Please pm me if you dont wish to put details on here..many thanks.  ps Dogan, I am not there now until July, so will be relying on your comments after your visit in may ;)
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 13:06:11 PM by sue mac »

Offline dogon

« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 13:32:08 PM »
hello Sue, no, I have only Kaans private mail in Istanbul,and as yet no mail or phone number for the restaurant. But I will be sure to ask him in may, and will of course post here for your, and others, edification!

However, I am not too hopeful about music for the summer, I know the previous owners took quite a financial hit on their experiment last year, they got in really big names from Istanbul. And I know that they had a close collaboration with a venue in Istanbul the Guitar cafe, which helped them make the necessary contacts. Dont know if Kaan has the same friends, but I will ask him....
It really is a wonderful venue for balmy nights and good music though, so lets hope the music experiment can rise like a phoenix from the ashes!
More, when I know more, and thats a promise!
Tony/Dogon

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 13:34:17 PM »
No worries....I will certainly give it a go, live music or not! Our friends have just returned for their six month stint, and they were very impressed on their last visit to Sarnic in October, so maybe they will be giving it a go again shortly. Will ask them to post on here if they do...thanks again.

Offline dogon

« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 13:37:22 PM »
We were there in October, and we met some lovely folks from Liverpool! Small world...

Offline lewis.wensley

« Reply #18 on: May 05, 2010, 15:33:02 PM »
hi sue

yes we are very much looking forward to visiting the sarnic again this sesaon.....hopefully in the next 3 weeks or so?
we very much enjoyed our eveening there with a wonderful setting to match the wqonderful food, wine and hospitality....
there details (last sesaon)....tel: 0252 6180153
                               email: sarnic@kayakoy-sarnic.com
                               web: www.kayakoy-sarnic.com
will keep you updated and see you in july

jo x

Offline sue mac

• Liverpool, UK
« Reply #19 on: May 06, 2010, 16:45:32 PM »
Cheers for the info Jo....look forward to hearing your report in a few weeks time..xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf