Author Topic: The next Gordon Ramsay  (Read 1140 times)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
The next Gordon Ramsay
« on: May 14, 2010, 21:07:15 PM »
I would just like to congratulate my son George on being offered his first first full-time job as a commis chef at a local 3 rosette fine dining hotel (Fawsley hall) google it up-it's rather swanky. He has been on a working interview since 12 noon today and unlikely to be back in much before midnight but they have offered him the job:D

Not without it's draw backs - the chef says if he wants the job he needs to work free of charge on Saturday and Sunday until he finishes college in June - starting tomorrow, but he has agreed as in his words "hard work pays off". Love him

Just as well he has a job now as after 3 weeks of driving he encountered a badger on the way home from college last night and it kindly ripped into my bumper so another trip to the garage:(
« Last Edit: May 14, 2010, 21:19:32 PM by Gorgeous_bird »

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
The next Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 21:46:32 PM »
Wow well done George, nothing like starting at the top  ;)

Offline cheers

The next Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 21:53:14 PM »
There is not a lot you can say about that GB!!  Congratulations to him but what S**t conditions!!  Excellent point about the working conditions in the UK!!  Work for free or not at all if you want a job in June work for FREE!!  Sounds like a good lad!!  Hope it all works out for him.
PS
Told you about the car - been there done that, now Hubby does it!!
:D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
The next Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 22:10:23 PM »
Congratulations to George - you are rightly proud of him GB. All the very best to him in the future :)

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
The next Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 22:34:38 PM »
In June plenty of kids finish catering college, the chef wants someone now and George wants to finish his course. This is a fantastic opportunity for him and he recognises that. The head chef on the other hand recognises talent and the opportunity to exploit, test the kids dedication and fill the position.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
The next Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2010, 21:19:42 PM »
Eaten there and we got married there, good luck to the young man as this is no esay path,hard work long tiring hours etc. is it still owned by the irish chap?

Offline Gorgeous_bird

• Prolific Member
The next Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2010, 21:46:20 PM »
I have no idea who owns it but your right about the hours. He was telling me that someone ordered a poached egg as there was nothing on the menu they liked. Head chef called George over to watch him and George said he did the egg and covered it in gold leaf and served it with a micro salad and various bits and bobs, George hasn't stopped talking about it. He is loving it.

Offline cheers

The next Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #7 on: May 18, 2010, 22:15:16 PM »
Good Luck to him GB!!  I would be absolutely Gob.....ed if someone gave me a poached egg that looked like that!.  He is obviously learning off a good chef who knows his profession and is willing to teach others!!

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
The next Gordon Ramsay
« Reply #8 on: May 19, 2010, 13:07:23 PM »
How fantasic and what character the lad shows! The conditions are tough but I believe thats the hospitality industry for you and I imagine in that game its the experience that carries you through. It restores your faith in 'kids today' to hear stories like that you must be so proud! Will look forward to watching him on Great British Menu in years to come!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf