Author Topic: Check your Change !!!  (Read 4905 times)

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Check your Change !!!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 09:14:34 AM »
Tourist exchange rates are rarely if ever quoted to the third decimal place in Turkey. :)

Offline scouser2

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 09:29:16 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by TB752

Another word of warning - its not only the market stalls, etc who need to be watched. We shopped at the new Kipa yesterday and when I checked my till receipt some of the items had been charged at a higher price than I remember seeing on the shelves. I shall go in again check this out and have a word with the manager.

Yes, this happened to us.We were charged twice for the same item.When i went back and showed the receipt they agreed that We had been overcharged by 4.90TL.However it took them over 30 minutes to sort it out.They aren't really hot on customer service.

Offline kizkucuk

Check your Change !!!
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 10:11:30 AM »
Two incidents to make you feel a bit better :
1) Got off the Dolmus by the Azda in Hisaranou two weeks ago - popped into big change shop to change some money - they showed me a CCTV picture of 2 english women who had been in to change travellers cheques - the change shop had accidently given them 500 tl too much - the women hadn't been back and they were desperately trying to find out if they were still in the area to try and get their money back.  
2) Had visitors last week and took them to the Tuesday Market - got stopped by quite a persistent man at a bag stall - really full on wanted to show me 20 bags and was quoting stupid prices - then out of nowhere a man in uniform appeared (Zabita I think)  - he took the stall holder to one side - had a piece of offical looking paper and brief details of the conversation he'd had with me on the paper - and made him sign it - when I asked what was happening I was told - problem yok but the other bloke on the stall said they had just been fined.  

But agree there are too many Yeni coins still in circulation - my friends hadn't realised they were different and ended up with 5tl worth at the end of their stay.  They hadn't been to any little shops just to petrol station and kipa and a couple of restaurants in Calis - not sure where they picked them up.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf