Author Topic: Crafts and Craft Markets  (Read 3457 times)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Crafts and Craft Markets
« on: May 16, 2010, 10:49:24 AM »
I have changed the topic title to make it more relevant to topic...
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 09:45:39 AM by nichola »

Offline Sarg

Crafts and Craft Markets
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2011, 16:00:58 PM »
Hi Nicola.

My wife Heather teaches Crafts here in the UK and is craft barmy.

We are having a villa built up above Hisaronu on Babadag Road and although we will not be over for a while she is keen to find out what might be available be it learning new skills or teaching etc if you could help please.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Crafts and Craft Markets
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2011, 22:40:18 PM »
Depending on your wife's interests the cultural centre in Fethiye usually has a lot going on where your wife could learn new or even possibly teach hand crafts.

At the craft market these days it's predominately jewellery (some of it hand made) there are people who do Ebru (marbling) that's popular with Turkish people. I think there is someone who makes masks and pictures from leather - nice if you like that sort of thing.

Lots of people that have moved here have filled niche's in the market by making things like birthday/Christmas etc cards and other things that I can't think of right now; some of it is very cool and creative. If she likes to paint there are now several art classes on different days run by a friend of mine.

We have a Craft market twice a year May and December organised by the Calis Children's Charity where many Turkish and Brits, Dutch and others sell their hand crafts - if you are here in May it would be worth coming along to that - follow link below for more info but you could meet all sorts of crafty people there of different nationalities.

{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}39892

Getting involved with organisations like the Childrens Charity, Embrace, FIG and Animal Aid are all ways to meet people and maybe organise some classes with some of the proceeds going to charity.

I hope this helps for starters... I would be happy to make any introductions or help if I can once you are here.

Offline Julesp

Crafts and Craft Markets
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2011, 23:25:29 PM »
FiG is holding a Craft fair also on March 16th It will be on the seafront in Fethiye Behind Migros, bookings for stalls are now being taken for anyone wanting to sell their handicrafts, just a few places left
By popular demand we are hoping to hold these fairs on a regular basis this year, I will post more details soon.

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Crafts and Craft Markets
« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2011, 09:48:30 AM »
Uzumlu now has food & crafts fairs that will take place on the last Friday of every month organized by the Turkish ladies of the village and the Winehouse.

Here is a link to the topic
{A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}39807

Offline Sarg

Crafts and Craft Markets
« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2011, 11:13:26 AM »
Thanks for the links its sounding like something i could get involved with, I was thinking maybe it would be possible to attend or start up a craft group as a way of making new friends.Do you think people would be interested in glass painting ,silk painting ,serviette decoupage and my most favourite gift wrapping making fancy bows ,thanks again Heather

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf