Author Topic: Bikes  (Read 2414 times)

Offline DianaJ

Bikes
« on: June 26, 2010, 19:19:37 PM »
We are out 16th July thinking of buying some bikes on this trip does anyone have any recommendations as to where to buy & what we should expect to pay?

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
Bikes
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2010, 19:53:00 PM »
Loads of bike shops springing up now, have a shop around, really depends on what your needs are?
I would start at the bike shop before ayden pide roundabout coming from Calis, hes a real nice guy who now looks after my scooter.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Bikes
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2010, 16:25:09 PM »
the shop in fethiye on the main road into the town, rob bought a good one there in april

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Bikes
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2010, 17:03:56 PM »
Migros seem to sell cheap bikes.  We noticed a new fashion for three wheeler bikes with big shopping baskets on the front.

Offline lissa

Bikes
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2010, 20:41:07 PM »
The shop, about 900 metres from Migros, on the opposite side of the road, going towards Calis is great. He has new and second hand bikes, does all repairs.Speaks English.

Offline philrose

Bikes
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2010, 06:24:07 AM »
The supermarkets sell the cheap tiwan\chinese bikes, nothing wrong with that of course, if you want cheap and cheerful. However if you use one of the bike shops already mentioned then you do have a much greater choice along with full after sales service should youhave any problems.

Offline IanK

Bikes
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2010, 13:17:34 PM »
Hi Diana,

we are planning to do the same thing in September. We rented last trip (a couple of weeks ago) and decided to look into buying so called into a few shops to see what they had.

As others have said, the Chinese imported bikes are cheapest - I think about 180TL in Migros for a full suspension bike.

We also spent some time at the cycle shop near Migros (as described above) and the guy there speaks good English and appears to know what he's talking about. He sells Chinese, Turkish and even some German bikes - the latter are fairly pricey 500+ EUROS !. He also has a good selection of types - road, mountain, hybrid etc.

We are probably going to go for mid range alloy frame Turkish (Salcano I think) which are around 300TL each for a mountain bike - we need lightweight ones so I can easily carry them upstairs to the apartment!

I did also take a quick look in the shop in Calis up from the Dolphin roundabout on the way to the Sunday market. He doesn't have so many in the shop but again has Turkish bikes at around 250-300 TL.
Hope that helps - let us know what you end up with.

Ian

Offline DianaJ

Bikes
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2010, 17:37:03 PM »
thanks Ian we plan for something cheap & cheerful just somthing that will get us to supermarket and into Fethiye and do a bit of exploring

Offline tribalelder

• Prolific Member
Bikes
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2010, 18:16:25 PM »
Migros today 169TL.....70 quid for a brand new mountain bike-Can't be bad :)

Offline DianaJ

Bikes
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2010, 20:12:52 PM »
thats sounds a bit more what we are looking to pay

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf