Author Topic: Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!  (Read 5152 times)

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« on: July 13, 2010, 18:32:22 PM »
Having booked a year ago we are due to fly from Gatwick next Friday.

Since we booked we have had the standard 3 letters changing our flight times with the last effectively removing a days holiday

However when I informed them of my change of address and email the confirmation they have sent has different times to the letters, maybe the original times (??)

They are impossible to speak to by phone any all email correspondence has resulted in them sending new confirmation, but again with different times to the letters

Should this be really this difficult!!....

Offline John H

• Hamilton, Lanarkshire, UK
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 09:28:23 AM »
Sorry to hear of your problems Steve but we have been using Aegean/Onur for a few years with no difficulties.Any changes to flight times have been minimal. I have always found that they (Aegean) respond promptly to e mails and on the one occasion that I had to telephone them they were very helpful and made return calls to me. I suppose it depends largely on who picks up your enquiry in their office. There I've done it, tempted fate, our September flight will probably be a shambles now.

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 11:20:07 AM »
same here - three time changes....only informed this week of final change and we fly out on Tuesday.  Have lost a whole day of holiday too :(  We have flown Onur for years, but this year they do seem to have deteriorated considerably.  They will now be my last option when booking.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 12:05:39 PM »
I always find this site an interesting read before I use a new airline. Not many 2010 reviews on Onur but the last three are a little damning and I must say having flown with them I can agree with the comments on the crew, the uncomfortable seats and lack of leg room - as well as the extortionate prices.

http://www.airlinequality.com/Forum/onur.htm

Offline Steve (redding43)

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 12:49:10 PM »
Well, I have just had an official response by email that confirms the original dates are correct and not the ones in the 2 letters since then....the problem is I am not sure if I believe them

If true then we get back the day we have lost

They tell me my 'tickets' should arrive soon so I guess that will confirm for sure. Until then I will have to write off the train advance tickets that I can no longer use (as new times don't allow for an easy train connection)

Steve

Offline Cavfan

• Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 12:53:28 PM »
OMG all this kerfuffle this year with Turkish flight companies is making me think long and hard for next year!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 15:19:14 PM »
Interesting - I just checked arrivals as we have some friends going over with Saga today. Just about all on time or early - apart from Onur!

http://www.atmairport.aero/Dalaman_en/ucus_gelis.php

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 02:06:45 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by stoop

I always find this site an interesting read before I use a new airline. Not many 2010 reviews on Onur but the last three are a little damning and I must say having flown with them I can agree with the comments on the crew, the uncomfortable seats and lack of leg room - as well as the extortionate prices.

The lack of legromm affords about 3 more inches than TC. The uncomfortable seats are the same as any other charter airline and the extortionate prices are for facilities that I don't need on a four hour flight. I get a meal deal from Boots at £3.49 and this suits me fine. To me the main parameter is to get from Manchester to Dalaman and back at the lowest cost and on this score only Easy Jet can compete and I wouldn't give them the time of day.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kenkay

quote:
Originally posted by stoop

The lack of legromm affords about 3 more inches than TC. The uncomfortable seats are the same as any other charter airline and the extortionate prices are for facilities that I don't need on a four hour flight. I get a meal deal from Boots at £3.49 and this suits me fine. To me the main parameter is to get from Manchester to Dalaman and back at the lowest cost and on this score only Easy Jet can compete and I wouldn't give them the time of day.

Trust me - there is no way you get 3" more than TC. I've flown both and felt much more cramped and uncomfortable on Onur. The seats were a probably the worst I have ever had to endure. I had a metal bit stuck in my back and coming home the guy in front was in constant recline. Leg room was as bad as I have found with any flight.

Offline hillside

Aegean Arghhhhhhhhh!!!!
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 11:00:49 AM »
In our experience Onur are the pits. Onur change/cancel flights/days/airports at the drop of a hat. We have many guests and those flying with Onur are always disrupted. When you finally get on the plane there is little leg room, the seats have no padding and are like sitting on a loo seat, a bottle of water is an extortanate price and I wont go as far as to say the staff are dishonest but its strange how they NEVER have change and NEVER remember to bring it back to you!!! Aegean I have always found good at sorting out Onurs cancellations. We've booked Onur through A1 Travel for this August (by mistake I might add, not by choice). The outgoing flight has already been changed so that we land at dawn, (something we wanted to avoid as we're taking our 4 year old grandson) and we still have another 2 weeks so it could change many more times yet!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf