Author Topic: Jewellers  (Read 2570 times)

Offline Lady L

Jewellers
« on: July 14, 2010, 13:43:07 PM »
Hi!

I just joined the forum: what a wonderful way to share info! So useful!

I have been reading through several posts and know it can be a debated subject but... does anyone know or can recommend a good jewellers in the area (we will be staying in Olu Deniz in Sept).

We are planning on getting engaged when we are out there :), but are unsure whether or not to buy the ring in the UK or over there??

Any help would be much appreciated!
Kind regards, L

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Jewellers
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2010, 14:54:16 PM »
awww   Congratulations !   There is a very good jewellers in Olu Deniz, but for the life of me can't think of the name !! (its an age thing  :-\).  I'm sure someone will know it.....   Good luck, hope you have a wonderful time.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Jewellers
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2010, 15:13:30 PM »
I think Infinity in Olu are supposed to be good. Our friends always buy there and they often let them pay when they return (after getting valuations in the UK).

Whatever you do don't buy on any of the trips where they will herd you into a jewelers or carpet place. These are just inflated prices for poor stones.

I know it's not that romantic (and this trip sounds like it's meant to be) but it's really worth having a look at the site below and clue yourself up on the quality of diamonds. It's really not that difficult to spot a bad one once you know what you are looking for. If you haven't got a loop then ask the jeweler to look through his.

Our friends were looking at a ring when we went a trip to the mud baths in Dalyan. They offer to clean your rings and then you get the hard sell until you buy something or you wait an age for your rings back. It was supposed to be a VS1 but had lots of visible inclusions in it. I challenged the seller and he brought out a chart which had been doctored to show a VS1 as an I1. Luckily our friends walked away.

Have a great time choosing a ring  :)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/feature.html?ie=UTF8&docId=1000062973

I'm sure you will get a lovely ring at a very good price compared to the UK but getting clued up might just get you a better one than you had hoped for.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Jewellers
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2010, 16:20:50 PM »
Congratualtions.
I lost my engagement ring whilst on holiday last September.  As my wedding ring was made (all those years ago) I had little hope of getting something suitable.
We went to Infinity in Pataspur, explained and showed them my wedding ring.  I was shown all the different diamonds, taught about the different cuts ect, shown how the carats are different on their chart.  This allowed me to make a more informed choice.
After choosing my stones I'd a gorgeous ring made to fit perfectly all within two days. An even bigger result when I'd it valued at home.  A whopping £1,850 more than what we'd paid.
Go for it, just make sure you use a reputable jeweller and not some barmans Uncle
I should also have metioned that we only paid for the diamonds not the gold nor the actual making of the ring.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2010, 16:21:48 PM by Anne »

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
Jewellers
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2010, 16:29:40 PM »
mmm me thinks I need to show Mr Pookies this thread... ;):D

Offline Donna2202

Jewellers
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2010, 17:59:01 PM »
Ozgold in Hisaronu are fantastic. My engagement, wedding and eternity rings are all from there. The engagement ring was bought from display and my wedding and eternity rings were made - can't fault them and very reasonable.

Offline milliemars

Jewellers
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2010, 18:27:41 PM »
Serenity in Olu Deniz is very good they have made some beautiful rings and bits for lots of people I know.

Offline kanga

Jewellers
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2010, 18:42:40 PM »
We always use Tufanlar next to the fish market in fethiye,cant fault them

Offline Lady L

Jewellers
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2010, 18:53:31 PM »
Thanks for all the useful info! I'll keep you's all updated and post pics of the ring come September! So excited, the countdown is on!

Offline Steve A

Jewellers
« Reply #9 on: July 14, 2010, 19:08:18 PM »
Hi a friend of mine Celcuk Selmi who owns cafe Blue in the Paspartir is a jeweller who has a place in Olu.If you pop in to the cafe he will take your order and have your jewellry made for you at excelent prices.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf