Author Topic: Benefit's in Turkey  (Read 18192 times)

Offline Janice1971

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2010, 17:13:42 PM »
Its such an unfair system isnt it, why should the government be able to decide whether they pay you depending on where you are moving to, you have paid all of your taxes for your working live and then you are not entitled to anything, its a disgrace!  I really feel for people who move to Turkey as its just not fair that they have to give up their benefits.  There should be a system that can tell how much you have paid in to the system and have your benefits paid accordingly, that way people who have done nothing with their lives i.e. not paid a penny into the pot but are happy to take it will therefore receive next to nothing, trouble is its the workshy that cause most of this!  Oops thats not very PC is it but I feel so strongly about it!

Offline bev

• Ilkeston, UK
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2010, 19:34:22 PM »
Yet we continue to pay working Tax Credit & family Allowance to a parent and children living in the EU, if a parent is working in the UK!!!
Do I blame them claiming it? no it is the system that is all wrong.

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2010, 21:44:50 PM »
Never a truer word said Bev

Offline scooby doo

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #23 on: November 11, 2010, 20:41:05 PM »
Also Child Benefit springs to mind.

Offline BM06

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #24 on: November 11, 2010, 20:48:11 PM »
Whatever do you mean scooby :D:D:D LMAO 8)

Offline scooby doo

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #25 on: November 11, 2010, 20:55:39 PM »
Was just a rumour i heard.  ;)

Offline peecee

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #26 on: November 12, 2010, 03:31:05 AM »
Whatever you decide to do (move or not) I would be very wary of putting it in writing to them.  I haven't heard of anyone who has moved out who has successfully been 'given' benefits.
The Turkish Gov't have set up a scheme whereby you pay for private health insurance through them (this if for residents) costs around 184tl per month and, apparently, covers everything.

Offline quackers

Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2010, 08:26:11 AM »
I have a friend who lives here and cheated the system. He got found out,they suspended his benefit and had to go back to UK to explain and was threatened with prosecution for fraud. It took 5 months to sort it out and allow him to return to Turkey.He had his benefit taken away.He was also told with the new passports any government office can access your passport details and tell how long you have been out of the country and which country you are in. We have SSK turkish government insurance and it costs 250lire a month for both of us and our medical bills if we use Devlet Hospital are minimal but we have to pay more if we choose to use private hospitals, still cheaper than not having any insurance.

Offline c1

• Northampton, UK
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2010, 12:31:53 PM »
not sure of all the facts but you could have extended breaks in turkey maybe 3 months at a time not sure if this would be ok with nhs rules or suit you both or your pocket.

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Benefit's in Turkey
« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2010, 14:49:00 PM »
Quackers, what cover do have on your SSK insurance, & have you tried to use it yet, (I hope not, but it would be of great interest to all members, I believe). That sounds too good to be true?
Gordy.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf