Author Topic: 90 days then you go !!!  (Read 1567 times)

Offline geordieboy

90 days then you go !!!
« on: July 21, 2010, 19:19:21 PM »
This relates to the visa thread on here but I can't find it.
Went to Rhodes Monday to pick up my grandson who was flying in from Crete on the following day Tuesday.
When we finally arrived back in Fethiye and were going through passport control I paid the 15 euros for his entrance visa,and was informed by the officer that as soon as the 90 days were up he had to leave the country for 90 days before he could return.
A Turkish lady was standing by the booth,spoke perfect English,was obviously with the passport police and reiterated the statement again.
When the 90 day visa expires you have to leave the country for 90 days before you can re-enter on another 90 day visa.
I asked her when this happy event was to start,she replied "it came into force yesterday",yesterday being Monday 19th July.
I replied" convey my grateful thanks to your wonderful Government for handling the situation with their normal tact" at least she had the good grace to look away.
Does'nt affect me and mine,we have the little blue books,but its going to cause a lot of heartache to a lot of people.
Good luck people.

Offline BM06

90 days then you go !!!
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 19:34:53 PM »
Stop it Scunner!!

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
90 days then you go !!!
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 20:02:19 PM »
7000 newsbreakers :D

Original post is here, this one now locked so we can centralise oh God even I'm bored writing this over and over again {A Link to an old CBF topic was here - no longer available}36084

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf