Author Topic: Working permit but "between jobs"  (Read 4421 times)

Offline Dippey

Working permit but "between jobs"
« on: January 18, 2005, 09:59:25 AM »
Ok, I,ve searched and even though there is loooads of info about work permits which i understand - no job no permit. But what is the situation when you are between jobs, i.e:

My company has an official office in Istanbul and they might be willing to support my work permit application as i go there often. When we settle down in Calis i would have to leave my job, and get another employer. Is the work permit transferable between employers? Is there a time laspe of "between jobs"?

Ali

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2005, 12:50:59 PM »
Dippey, try this link for Turkish Law forum, this site has an abundance of legal information.

http://www.turkhukuksitesi.com/hukukforum/forumdisplay.php?s=b94db801e6bcb80e85dee05caaaa542e&forumid=6

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2005, 15:05:35 PM »
Dippey, found this info on CB site 28/10/04. under member introduction "help" by Helen. I have erased the full quote as info was about residency.  I knew I had seen this and copied it to my file.

quote:
Originally posted by sandgrounder

Work permits:
3 types.

Time limited: apply for one year, then if with same employer and doing same job you can apply for 3 years, then if still same job (but can be different company) you can apply for 6 years.
Forever. If you have lived in Turkey legally for 8 years then you can apply for a work permit, or if you have worked legally for 6 years.
Independent work permit. After living in Turkey for 5 years you can apply.
Restricted occupations - healthservice, legal services, stockbroker.
Work :
Foreigners can not work in a job that Turkish people can do, until they have lived here for 8 years or have worked in another occupation legally for 6 years.
Eg. If you are a qualified dentist you would not beable initially to work at this job.
However once you have lived here for 8 years, or worked in a different occupation for 6 years, you could then work as a dentist.

Offline Dippey

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2005, 15:31:48 PM »
Ok, thanks. I'm not expecting people to know this answer but my situation would be time limited one year. Can i change employer in that year and have a gap between employer? Is my permit still valid if in that year i've left my original workpermit job? Reading the above it looks as though you can only change employer after three years!

The phrase "Foreigners can not work in a job that Turkish people can do" doesnt that just cover all work, or just your main occupation when applying, then could you fudge your previous occupation, i.e say i'm ex concorde pilot and apply for my real occupation, are you required to show qualifications. And finally does "Fluent English speaking" in the job spec avoid that and mean a Turkish person cannot do that job?

Thanks
Ali

Offline amca

« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2005, 16:04:18 PM »
law-tr@law-tr.com ............ have you tried send your specific questions by email  to this agency?

Offline Linda1953

« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2006, 21:33:36 PM »
A young student here said to me recently that because she lives with a turkish boyfriend she can get a work permit for £100 - is this cloud cuckoo or true?

Offline smudge

• Calis, TR
« Reply #6 on: July 22, 2006, 21:49:26 PM »
Cuckoo!!!  Cuckoo!!!

Offline starman

« Reply #7 on: July 23, 2006, 06:41:43 AM »
definetly cuckoo.

Your work permit is only valid for the company that applied for it. when you leave there, the company has 15 days to inform the relevant authorities (namely SSK), if they dont then they get an approx. 20,000 lira fine.
If you move to another employer then you must start all over again in the application procedure for a work permit.
So in short, the work permit is non transferable.

Offline booo

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2006, 10:13:04 AM »
Does anyone know anything about applying for residency visas without owning property, I heard that there was a difference.
Also do you need residency visa for work permit?
Any advice appreciated.

Offline Vix

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2006, 10:41:29 AM »
Yeh its def cuckoo!!!

Starman is right its def not transferable. You have to start the process again.

Boo's question i got residency and i dnt own property the only difference being I had to show my rental contract instead of Tapu.

Also my employer informed me that i had to get my residency visa first (which i was doing anyway) bt I have heard diff stories about this so not 100% sure if you have to do it this way.

Vix

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf