Author Topic: Air Passenger Duty  (Read 6339 times)

Offline peecee

Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #20 on: October 30, 2010, 12:17:07 PM »
I think it may be the views of the Majority, one thing I'll NEVER forgive is Brown stealing the pension funds
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:17:31 PM by peecee »

Offline Eric

Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #21 on: October 30, 2010, 13:08:47 PM »
Under Labour the UK's borrowing has risen to 53% of GDP.  That means we are using 53% of the country's income to pay back the loans which leaves 47% to run the country.  The country has to tighten its belt, just the same as any household would have to do in the same situation, and increase income somehow to pay the bills.  It is going to be a tough 5-10 years to sort this mess out but imagine if Labour had remained in power, more and more borrowing would have meant the UK would have been bankrupt.  The public should remember who caused this hardship, Labour not the Coalition.  The Coalition have to sort this mess out and get the country back on its feet.

An additional point; no doubt we will hear the chant soon of the Tories bashing the Unions again.  I would just like to say that in 32 years of being a member of the Fire Brigades Union (considered radical by some newspapers) I had to go on strike only twice, and each time it was against a Labour Government.  Under Tory Governments talks and debates solved the problems to both sides satisfaction.  In fact it was the Tories who gave us a pay formula which worked well, for both sides, for 25 yrs, Labour came to power and scrapped that deal and straight away became confrontational!  Give me the Tories every time!

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #22 on: October 30, 2010, 13:53:36 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Eric

Under Labour the UK's borrowing has risen to 53% of GDP.  That means we are using 53% of the country's income to pay back the loans which leaves 47% to run the country.  The country has to tighten its belt, just the same as any household would have to do in the same situation, and increase income somehow to pay the bills.  It is going to be a tough 5-10 years to sort this mess out but imagine if Labour had remained in power, more and more borrowing would have meant the UK would have been bankrupt.  The public should remember who caused this hardship, Labour not the Coalition.  The Coalition have to sort this mess out and get the country back on its feet.

An additional point; no doubt we will hear the chant soon of the Tories bashing the Unions again.  I would just like to say that in 32 years of being a member of the Fire Brigades Union (considered radical by some newspapers) I had to go on strike only twice, and each time it was against a Labour Government.  Under Tory Governments talks and debates solved the problems to both sides satisfaction.  In fact it was the Tories who gave us a pay formula which worked well, for both sides, for 25 yrs, Labour came to power and scrapped that deal and straight away became confrontational!  Give me the Tories every time!

spot on Eric 100%, saved me having to let rip. ;):D

Offline barry44544

Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #23 on: October 30, 2010, 14:35:53 PM »
Is there never a moderator on when you want one???

Offline Firo

Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #24 on: October 30, 2010, 14:51:01 PM »
Barry as it was Scunner (the owner of this site) who turned this topic into a political subject, I wish you luck. If you don't like reading what's being said just don't bother looking at the posts.

Offline Eric

Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #25 on: October 30, 2010, 15:01:18 PM »
Barry, why don't YOU make a comment instead of just complaining about it going off topic. 8)  Put up or shut up. ;)

When a topic is about increased taxes it is always going to be political.  What do you expect people to say? That... "it is very nice, I am glad I have to pay more, this tax is for the best....."?

Offline barry44544

Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #26 on: October 30, 2010, 17:50:42 PM »
I made a comment....
Do you know there's a power cut tomorrow in Calis and Fethiye?
6am till 1pm.

Offline Eric

Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #27 on: October 30, 2010, 18:31:44 PM »
Actually it was two questions and a statement in two postings.[?]
So this is now the third topic on the power cut tomorrow:-\[xx(][|)][|)][|)]

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #28 on: October 30, 2010, 18:51:15 PM »
Isn't it strange that the only time I've ever heard ANY Tories bleating & crying into their champers, is when it was announced that Child Benefit was going to be axed for those earning over £43,875 a year, affecting probably more Tories than others. Correct me if you can prove me wrong. But, read on;

Chancellor George Osborne insists using the tax system is the simplest way to recoup the benefit, saving about £2.5bn from the welfare bill from 2013 onwards.

But the method of recovery will require taxpayers to submit annual paperwork, new HM Revenue and Customs tax codes, and a change in the law to cover parents who separate or live apart.

Higher-rate taxpayers will need to tick an "honesty box" on their tax return stating whether they or their partner have received child benefit in the past year, and will be fined if the information provided is incorrect.

Aye, right, a BLOODY "HONESTY BOX", ----------- in the immortal words of "Jim Royle"; MY ARSE.
I think that anyone earning £40,000 plus has got a bloody hard neck holding out their hands for more!!
Any way, your lot won't be in power in 10 years time, or 6. The Lib Dems are wising up to Camerons lies already.
Gordy. [:(!][:(!]

Read More http://www.walesonline.co.uk/business-in-wales/business-news/2010/10/30/child-benefit-cuts-policy-in-complete-disarray-91466-27569544/#ixzz13rcKglbP

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
Air Passenger Duty
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2010, 19:13:21 PM »
I think ive sussed you out gordy, no one,s seen or heard of gordon brown since may when he had to leave after ******* the country up, could you please take that stupid mask off and show us who you really are, ;):D:D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf