Author Topic: Calis chemist  (Read 4047 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Calis chemist
« on: October 31, 2010, 10:54:12 AM »
I went in the chemist in Calis one day last week to get some antibiotics for a chest infection I have had for a while, and when I had established what I wanted the chap serving got some tablets from behind the counter I didnt know what they were as they were Turkish tablets but thought I would google them, when I went to pay he asked me for 56 lira I thought I had misheard him but he insisted the price was 56 lira, so I said I did not want them as they were too expensive did he have anything else, he then produced some Amoxasilin for 8 lira! so just be careful if you buy anything from this chemist, not sure if 56 lira was the correct price for these tablets or wether i was being conned as could see no price sticker on them!

Offline busybee

Calis chemist
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2010, 11:54:24 AM »
The price of all medication is stamped on the box. They do try it on in there, went to get some Parol(paracetomol) 1.29L said he didnt have any and had to get soemthing else which was 6L.  Went their on Fri lunchtime and it was shut.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
Calis chemist
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2010, 15:05:17 PM »
The most expensive antbiotics we have ever had was from the chemist in Fethiye opposite old Carefour. They were 28TL. We got amoxicillin for 9TL from our local chemist which worked a lot better then the expensive ones. Definitely he was trying it on. When will they learn?

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Calis chemist
« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2010, 16:16:23 PM »
Robbing bar steward! 56L??????? They must think we are all daft!
:D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Calis chemist
« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2010, 16:33:33 PM »
I know that is what makes me so cross that they must think we are all really stupid, but the problem is some poor unsuspecting tourist may pay them the money they ask for! fingers crossed these Amoxocilin will work.

Offline puma

• Prolific Member
Calis chemist
« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2010, 19:30:10 PM »
my friend over in september went to this chemist with a chest infection and ended up paying over the odds
i was not with her and would have taken her elsewhere

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Calis chemist
« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2010, 19:34:47 PM »
We used to use the Chemist in Fethiye opposite the old Carrefour, the guy speaks really good English, however, we have found the Chemist at the back of the Hospital in Calis, next door to where the sausage shop used to be, is much cheaper and they also speak English.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Calis chemist
« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2010, 20:05:22 PM »
I normally use that one in Fetiyhe opposite Carefour and I think he is really good at his job, I could not be bothered to get on a dolmus which one is the chemist you use Jacqui I am not sure where the sausage shop used to be, and there are quite a few chemist's down that little side street.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Calis chemist
« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2010, 23:01:15 PM »
If you come along the road from Fethiye and go past the front of Calis Hospital, then take the first road on the right, it's the Chemist in the first building on the left, it stands alone.  There used to be an English couple who sold burgers and sausages who had a place in the same building.  We found antibiotics etc., are cheaper from this Chemist.

Offline kenkay

• Radcliffe, Manchester, UK
Calis chemist
« Reply #9 on: November 01, 2010, 22:20:26 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Jacqui Harvey

If you come along the road from Fethiye and go past the front of Calis Hospital, then take the first road on the right, it's the Chemist in the first building on the left, it stands alone.  There used to be an English couple who sold burgers and sausages who had a place in the same building.  We found antibiotics etc., are cheaper from this Chemist.

There are about 5 chemists within a very small area near the Devlet Hospital. The competition yields good prices and I get body lotion 5 - 6 lira cheaper than in Gunlukbasi and probably even more less than the Calis one :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf