Author Topic: HELP!!!!  (Read 3038 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
HELP!!!!
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2010, 12:36:23 PM »
Thanks Steve, I have just tried this website, followed the instructions and still nothing.

At the moment the immobiliser light is slowly flashing, showing that the car is immobilised (yeah as if I hadn't noticed!)  I press the fob pointing at the sensor in the roof and not a sound, put the key in the ignition and the lights go crazy, so it is the fob gubbins.

I really need this code so that I can tap out the sequence of numbers, then can get it to renault and either have the key fob re programmed or a new sensor.

Gordon appears to be non to fused, but he will be when I have not gone shopping and all he has left is fingernail soup! or maybe this is his ploy to stop me going to DIY shops and finding him jobs to do!

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
HELP!!!!
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2010, 13:27:09 PM »
I got this from some people with the same problem. Seems Renault are noted for this:

After doing a bit more research on google I discovered that all I needed to do was hold down the remote button for 10 seconds (until the light goes off) then press it another 3 times - you should hear the can locking and unlocking and then the key was resynced. 1st time I did it it didn't work but the 2nd time it did.

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=31117809

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
HELP!!!!
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2010, 13:30:05 PM »

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
HELP!!!!
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2010, 13:50:44 PM »
Thanks Stoop, I have tried the 1st option from money saving forum, also looked at Ebay, but that will be another week without my car, it will be a last option.
At the moment I am waiting for Auto Lock services to get back to me, they are probably busy at the moment fixing everyone elses bloody Renaults.

I am still looking for the 4 digit bypass code, this will get us going so that we can at least go searching the auto locksmiths and Renault dealers ourselves.  

The problem with the Ebay solutions is; there may be a problem with the chip, and not repairable, then it is a new fob and program, hence the need for the bypass 4 digit to sort this locally, or I could be sending this fob back and forth for weeks.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 14:06:52 PM by loz »

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
HELP!!!!
« Reply #14 on: November 16, 2010, 11:37:49 AM »
Thank you to everyone that tried to help us get my little Cleo mobile again.

She is now on the mend and I took her for a drive this very sunny morning, I could swear I saw her smiling! So nearly 2 weeks and we now have the code to tap out to get her started.

Thank you:
Russ (Sandgrounder) for you time spent on the phone
and Legless (Ron) for the time you spent searching and emailing, it was very much appreciated.
:D 8) :)

Offline sandgrounder

HELP!!!!
« Reply #15 on: November 16, 2010, 14:22:18 PM »
Glad you got it sorted Loz, you can send Gordy out to the DIY shop now:D

Offline legless

• Muppet on Wheels
  • Global Moderator
HELP!!!!
« Reply #16 on: November 16, 2010, 17:38:30 PM »
so how did you fix it ???

Ron

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
HELP!!!!
« Reply #17 on: November 16, 2010, 19:31:30 PM »
Russ I went out today and got what was needed for him to finish jobs, he is sooooooooooo happy.:D ;)

Legless, I went on a Renault forum and had a few helpers there, 2 gave me a code and the second person gave me the 4 digit code.  
bit of a chore to tap out the 4 digits but it has done the job until we get the key programmed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf