Author Topic: Can't Connect To Sky  (Read 1447 times)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Can't Connect To Sky
« on: December 21, 2010, 17:01:57 PM »
I'm in the UK and I'm having trouble connecting to my daughter's Sky wireless connection.

Until now I've been using an o2 or 3 dongle and have been able to get on the WWW without too many problems.

I've added Sky to my wireless connection on the laptop and it tells me that I'm connected but I'm unable to get anything on the WWW.

I've tried closing the Firewall and have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome but to no avail.

All other laptops or notebooks that we've tried have connected without any trouble.

Anyone got any ideas of what to try next ?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 17:02:51 PM by KKOB »

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Can't Connect To Sky
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2010, 17:03:37 PM »
Try re-booting your laptop if you haven't already. It often works when you try to connect for the first time.

Offline King Frat

Can't Connect To Sky
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2010, 17:51:10 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by KKOB

I'm in the UK and I'm having trouble connecting to my daughter's Sky wireless connection.

Until now I've been using an o2 or 3 dongle and have been able to get on the WWW without too many problems.

I've added Sky to my wireless connection on the laptop and it tells me that I'm connected but I'm unable to get anything on the WWW.

I've tried closing the Firewall and have tried IE, Firefox and Chrome but to no avail.

All other laptops or notebooks that we've tried have connected without any trouble.

Anyone got any ideas of what to try next ?

Make sure that the Network Connection settings are set to automatically get an IP address and the same for the DNS server.

Also in Internet Options, Connections make sure that it is set to Never Dial a connection and that the LAN settings are set to automatically detect.

Does it get as far as asking you for a password (assuming that the network is secure)?

Ian

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Can't Connect To Sky
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2010, 19:03:31 PM »
Done all that.

Yes, it asks for password, tells me that I'm connected, but I can't get any webpages to open.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf