Author Topic: Guy who goes to Ikea  (Read 2369 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Guy who goes to Ikea
« on: January 13, 2011, 11:01:04 AM »
Does the guy from JJ's still go to Ikea? and if so how long does it take to get stuff back and what commission does he charge?
My daughter and son-in-law want to come over with the baby this year and we though Ikea stuff would probably be cheaper than buying a cot, high chair etc., in Fethiye.
Thanks
Jacqui[:X]

Offline hillside

Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 11:20:27 AM »
Cheaper still to rent cot and all baby equipment !

Offline sunnyd

Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2011, 12:01:10 PM »
I find him really expensive Jacqui. Like Hillside says, better to rent.
If they do come over they are allowed to bring a travel cot over with them, this rule hasn't changed has it?
My friend owns Travel Tots in Hisaronu they rent out everything needed, people on here have used them before, her number is 0090 535 201 5940 and the website www.travel-tots.co.uk
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 12:02:08 PM by sunnyd »

Offline hillside

Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 12:11:30 PM »
Can highly recommend Traveltots. We've used them for several years for our grandchildrens requirements, they're very reliable.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 12:12:13 PM »
Thanks Nikkie will pass this on to my Daughter, although they were planning to come out for a few months this year so it may be cheaper to buy.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2011, 18:25:34 PM »
After speaking to my daughter can anyone tell us what a new high chair, buggy, cot costs in Fethiye?  Are they much more expensive than the U.K.?  I think she thought they would be cheaper.

Offline kingsgarden

Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #6 on: January 13, 2011, 18:37:58 PM »
hello jacqui i m salih the jj's owner is my close friend i called him just a minute ago couldnt reach him but i will  let you know as quikly as i can hear from him he goes every week if ilearn the price  i will put here if not give you all detail see u soon

Offline newman

Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2011, 09:54:55 AM »
Hi jacqui baby stuff here is really exspensive.

The airlines are good with luggage with babys especially thomas cook.

They can bring a travel cot,car seat and pushchair at no xtra charge and its not tokk off there allowance.

A bumbo seat may be beter than a high chair unless u get one here second hand .

Offline rainey

Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2011, 11:12:11 AM »
hi jackie we had the same problem when getting things set up for our grandson.we bought the high chair from ikea with jj about 45yl.we brought buggy and travel cot from home.asda do a good one for £25,then we bought a better mattress in fethiye for 35yl.the baby shops in fethiye have very fancy travel cots for about 175yl.We brought a huge supply of milton tablets from home and used a 5 litre water bottle with the top cut off as the steriliser.nappies and wipes etc are as good and as cheap in turkey.shampoo and baby products were more expensive than home.you can look at ikea turkey website then ask jj for a quote.we ordered on monday and got our goods on thursday,hope this helps  :)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Guy who goes to Ikea
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2011, 11:34:01 AM »
Thank you all for the advice (rainey,newman and kingsgarden), it's very kind of you, will pass it all on to my daughter, I am sure she will find it invaluable for her visit.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf