Author Topic: market beware  (Read 2094 times)

Offline mwworth

market beware
« on: January 24, 2011, 13:27:04 PM »
Just been to Hisaronu market and bought 5 items each of half kilo from the spice and nut stall, when i got home i weighed the items on my kitchen scales (which are correct as my cake making would`n`t work), every item was at least 100gr under wieght, to late to go back today so please beware being ripped off, next time taking my scales with me.

Offline littlereddevil

market beware
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, 14:15:25 PM »
The market in Fethiye has public scales available for anyone to check the weights of their purchases

Offline elaina

market beware
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, 15:15:36 PM »
Happened to me too at Calis Sunday market.  I bought some seedless raisins and when I checked the weight back at my apartment - they weighed 830g - and they weren't even as cheap as in sainsburys - which surprised me because they export them from Turkey. So being short on the weight made them even more expensive.  Not much you can do I am afraid just keep a close eye on the scales next time if you can.

Offline scouser2

market beware
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, 16:13:10 PM »
We prefer to buy the packets of spices in Bim or A101. You know exactly what you are buying then. We went to buy some honey in the shop next to Bim near to the old Migros in Fethiye. We picked up the pack that we wanted and the woman in the shop weighed it...putting in the dearer price . I queried this price and she indicated that this was the correct price and the cheaper price was for some other honey (although there were no different packs of honey there). Needless to say we didn't buy it and they lost our business permanently.

Offline peecee

market beware
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, 20:53:48 PM »
When are shops/stall holders going to learn we're not as daft as we look [:(!]
we don't make a fuss (often) but they've lost our custom.  Don't they care[?]

Offline raynin62

market beware
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2011, 18:40:23 PM »
There are 2 nut and spice stalls on the Hisaronu market, are they both as bad?

Offline milliemars

market beware
« Reply #6 on: January 25, 2011, 18:49:27 PM »
I believe it is the one on the right as you go into the market entrance by the woodman restaurant......

Offline bee

• Droylsden, Manchester, UK
market beware
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2011, 16:12:11 PM »
Had a few experiences in calis sunday market, overcharging on fruit and veg, as you say when will they learn, migros veg may not be as good but you know exactly what your paying for, such a shame

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf