Author Topic: Strawberries directly from the field  (Read 4123 times)

Offline Libra

Strawberries directly from the field
« on: May 10, 2011, 05:57:04 AM »
I recently bought strawberries fresh from the field. Nothing to compare with the ones sold on supermarkets ( "second hand" I would rather call them ).

One kilo costs 5 TL , allready packed. They are sold in stands like tents beside the road ( I have seen two stands close to each other ).
The seller said , they sell strawberries from January to June.

The problem is , can I describe the way ? Maybe someone else who bought there strawberries can make a better description. OK , I 'll try : It 's on a straight road streching between fields. That road  is situated between Kipa and the main Antalya road and streches parallel to the Antalya road. The road had been busily used while the Antalya road was closed due to construction.

I hope someone can find the spot.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 05:58:59 AM by Libra »

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2011, 07:46:08 AM »
We live near this spot and yes the strawberries are wonderful - so sweet and fabulous flavour.

If you drive past Kipa on your left going towards the Otogar - turn left about 300 mtrs past Kipa (opposite Bim on your right)

You will see the 2 stalls about 500 mtrs down that road on the left hand side opposite the mosque :D

Ps we bought because we saw all the locals stopping in cars and buying and they are right!! :D :D
« Last Edit: May 10, 2011, 07:46:54 AM by Ian »

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2011, 08:44:35 AM »
For a change english fruit has the one up on Turkey' as strawberries are in abundance this year, and of the best quality.  I love fruit in Turkey, including the strawberries, but I defy anyone to find a better strawberry than a local English strawberry in season from Kent or Sussex.  So I'm looking forward to strawberries galore in the next few weeks:D

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2011, 08:59:06 AM »
I  think you need to come to Scotland Mr Tickets and try our local Strawberries from Auchtydonald, which is about 8 miles up the road from us at Mintlaw.  They have a farm shop where they sell strawberries and raspberries which are so sweet.  Princess Anne paid a visit a few years ago. Auchtydonald also supply M.&.S.  I have tried lots of Strawberries, even English ones, but never found any as good as the ones from Auchtydonald.  However, I am looking forward to a comparison test with the Turkish strawberries. Thanks for the info on location Ian.

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2011, 12:44:06 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Libra

I recently bought strawberries fresh from the field. Nothing to compare with the ones sold on supermarkets ( "second hand" I would rather call them ).

One kilo costs 5 TL , allready packed. They are sold in stands like tents beside the road ( I have seen two stands close to each other ).
The seller said , they sell strawberries from January to June.

The problem is , can I describe the way ? Maybe someone else who bought there strawberries can make a better description. OK , I 'll try : It 's on a straight road streching between fields. That road  is situated between Kipa and the main Antalya road and streches parallel to the Antalya road. The road had been busily used while the Antalya road was closed due to construction.

I hope someone can find the spot.

Thanks for the tip we have just fetched a kilo they are the nicest we have had this year, not many left by the time we got home.
mark

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2011, 13:47:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

not many left by the time we got home.
mark

Is that on the stall or of the ones you bought? Treat day is Thursday :o

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #6 on: May 10, 2011, 13:54:06 PM »
I have to say the ones we bought of Calis market last week were pretty impressive too [^][^]

Offline milliemars

« Reply #7 on: May 10, 2011, 14:38:56 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by usedbustickets

For a change english fruit has the one up on Turkey' as strawberries are in abundance this year, and of the best quality.  I love fruit in Turkey, including the strawberries, but I defy anyone to find a better strawberry than a local English strawberry in season from Kent or Sussex.  So I'm looking forward to strawberries galore in the next few weeks:D

Agree agree agree:DMind you it,s definatly Kent strawberries that have the edge

Offline karaokemark

• Chesterfield, UK
« Reply #8 on: May 10, 2011, 14:55:57 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Liz 101

quote:
Originally posted by karaokemark

not many left by the time we got home.
mark

Is that on the stall or of the ones you bought? Treat day is Thursday :o

the ones carole were eating on the way home and feeding to me  :)

Offline pookie

• Prolific Member
  • One hell of a Pookie
« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2011, 15:10:52 PM »
and of course she had to force you...right ?!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf