Author Topic: copy film  (Read 2062 times)

Offline lance

• Prolific Member
copy film
« on: August 02, 2011, 08:53:29 AM »
I Have downloaded a film from torrent which i have seen it is still on my lap top ,is it possible to transfer it to a memory stick or would it have to be burnt onto a DVD the film by the way is Harry Brown with Micheal Cain brilliant.

Offline screamlead

copy film
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2011, 08:55:13 AM »
Depends how big it is and what format it is in and what you want to play/watch it on? But yes generally you can put them on mem sticks.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
copy film
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2011, 12:20:53 PM »
Lance you will need a 4GB memory stick or more, you may be able to store 2 films on the stick, a very expensive way of keeping movies, you can buy RW DVD's quite cheap, or buy an external hardrive approx £40+ this can hold upto 1000 movies (depending on size), if your TV is newish with a usb port then the external drive could plug in and you can play movies.
Once you have downloaded the Torrent and need to play it back through a dvd player try downloading 'DVD Flick' and transferring the files ready to burn to dvd/stick/external hardrive.

Offline heatherhanum

copy film
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2011, 12:50:40 PM »
Harry Brown fantastic film x

Offline heatherhanum

copy film
« Reply #4 on: August 02, 2011, 12:56:39 PM »
Hi Lance if you have any problems putting the film on a stick I will ask my son to help you do it. Let me know.
Good Luck

Offline tel

copy film
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2011, 15:00:57 PM »
Lance the version I have of that film is only 699mb so a 2gb storage device is plenty for that sort of thing.Mkv version films only about 399mb. Anyway put your storage device into your USB socket and when it comes up locate your film on your comp.and highlight it with the right hand mouse key pressed and look for SEND TO and as you scroll down you will see your storage device (Maybe a ("Kingston" D drive)highlight it and double click and whoosh it sends. Then when you are happy with the result,remove memory stick and delete if no longer wanted...the film on your hard drive.

Offline tel

copy film
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2011, 20:53:40 PM »
Well we try and help but sometimes it wears thin when people can't take the time to say thanks now and again.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
copy film
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2011, 21:12:19 PM »
I think that every day Tel. Even worse, people who sign up, ask a question and never even bother to come back to read the answers and advice freely offered by our members. Perhaps even worse again, new members who sign up, ask a question, return to read all the replies and leave without even bothering to type "thanks".

Good job we have mainly nice members  :)

Offline keng38

• Never do today what you can put off till tomorrow
copy film
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2011, 23:08:22 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by tel

Well we try and help but sometimes it wears thin when people can't take the time to say thanks now and again.

Maybe he is on holiday?  :-\

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
copy film
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2011, 23:15:37 PM »
Lance's life is a holiday :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf