Author Topic: airport car hire  (Read 2029 times)

Offline patch

airport car hire
« on: August 05, 2011, 07:44:04 AM »
ive done a search but some threads are quite old , whats the best company to use to hire a car from dalaman airport , ive looked at orange and there is £400 excess ( thats ok if i dont have an accident)is there any other decent companies anyone can recommend ? thanks

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
airport car hire
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2011, 07:54:38 AM »
We have used Fethiye Lovers http://fethiyelovers.com/  for a number of years now they are the best we have used, we cannot fault them and we have tried other companies.  We hire a car twice a year and we have found that Fethiye Lovers always give us a good car with a bit of power, we have had some right old bangers with other Companies.  Fethiye Lovers are in Calis so nice and handy.  The are also members of this Forum look for "Arthur"..... and they speak excellent English.
We usually get them to pick us up from the Airport in the evening and bring a car around for us the next morning, however, they will bring a car up to the Airport if you prefer.  ;)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2011, 07:56:44 AM by Jacqui Harvey »

Offline Foosey

airport car hire
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2011, 08:14:35 AM »
We usually use Economy car rentals that you book online. We have used them for a few years and they always seem reliable. They normally meet you at the airport with the car.

Offline elaina

airport car hire
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2011, 09:09:23 AM »
Try Pegasus - very reasonable and reliable.  used them several times with no problems. Pick up and drop off at airport, or collect from Fethiye - it's up to you.

Offline kizkucuk

airport car hire
« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2011, 09:38:15 AM »
Pegasus have some good deals - the cars are reliable and clean.  

Offline johntaylor49

airport car hire
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2011, 10:08:21 AM »
best deal I got and have taken below, have varying reports, some say very good, a couple said cars a bit old, I have booked with two others in the past, one was great, other not so good so who knows? I will let everyone know how they perform!

I guess I am pretty easily pleased, if it goes ok and not too mucky and a/c works and is diesel I dont care too much, it gets heavily used -- Calis to Antalya and beyond, up into the Mountains, Marmaris etc. so reliability is my big thing. (Their faces when they see the mileage I have run up can be fun!:D)

If you should book with them let them know they are being watched on CBF!  :)

Dear John Taylor
Thank you for your reply.
Fiat Albea diesel car with air/con or similar  on September per day £26 with full insurance ( full collision damage waiver ( CDW) Vehicle Theft Waiver,Fire Insurance,with no excess,Liability insurance,HTW insurance,( headlight,tyres and windscreen),Vat,local tax,unlimited mileage drive,deliver and collection is inclusive.
We can deliver the car to Calis and collect from Calis.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards
Ibrahim Siper

Fethiye Rent A Company
Ataturk Caddesi no: 60/E
Fethiye/Mugla/ Turkey
tel: +90 252 6122281 (pbx)
fax      :  +90 252 6120844
mobile :  +90 532 2141694
web     : www.fethiyerentacar.com
e-mail   : info@fethiyerentacar.com

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
airport car hire
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2011, 11:49:23 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by johntaylor49

best deal I got and have taken below, have varying reports, some say very good, a couple said cars a bit old, I have booked with two others in the past, one was great, other not so good so who knows? I will let everyone know how they perform!

I guess I am pretty easily pleased, if it goes ok and not too mucky and a/c works and is diesel I dont care too much, it gets heavily used -- Calis to Antalya and beyond, up into the Mountains, Marmaris etc. so reliability is my big thing. (Their faces when they see the mileage I have run up can be fun!:D)

If you should book with them let them know they are being watched on CBF!  :)

Dear John Taylor
Thank you for your reply.
Fiat Albea diesel car with air/con or similar  on September per day £26 with full insurance ( full collision damage waiver ( CDW) Vehicle Theft Waiver,Fire Insurance,with no excess,Liability insurance,HTW insurance,( headlight,tyres and windscreen),Vat,local tax,unlimited mileage drive,deliver and collection is inclusive.
We can deliver the car to Calis and collect from Calis.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Best Regards
Ibrahim Siper

Fethiye Rent A Company
Ataturk Caddesi no: 60/E
Fethiye/Mugla/ Turkey
tel: +90 252 6122281 (pbx)
fax      :  +90 252 6120844
mobile :  +90 532 2141694
web     : www.fethiyerentacar.com
e-mail   : info@fethiyerentacar.com

So basically you have booked this company that have sketchy  reports, you may or may not get an old banger, that may not be "too mucky"  but you don't care as long as it goes and when you get it you are going to hammer  the mileage. It's going to cost you £26.00 per day for the privilege
Is this a warning or a recommended[?]:D.

I

Offline scorcher

airport car hire
« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2011, 12:00:25 PM »
So - is it a bargain or not ?

Offline johntaylor49

airport car hire
« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2011, 14:02:19 PM »
well, as I said, others that were highly recommended were not brilliant either, seem to remember the old blue car I got from one highly lauded on ere before was dented and scratched and had a cracked windscreen! I had booked with Fethiye Lovers 1st timne and they were ok, 2nd time someone else and they were ok.

Last year I booked with someone i had never heard of and all was ok. What I found was that there are actually only a few hire Compnaies, all the others just act as agents and takle a commission!
Take a look at the documents when you get them, I doidnt book with Eurocar or Hertz but that ws on the forms!  :)

Is this a good deal, well, if the car is ok --im on Holiday, as long as it is mechanically sound and safe and in reasonable copndition -- I am not exopecting it to perform like the Turbo Audi I drive at home! £26 per day including all insurance, windscreen cover etc.? Lokks good to em, as I say if they are crap (technical term) I wioll let everyone know I am a pratt! If they are not, you will get to know it -- trust me!:D

JT

Offline johntaylor49

airport car hire
« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2011, 14:05:47 PM »
quote:
Originally posted by Foosey

We usually use Economy car rentals that you book online. We have used them for a few years and they always seem reliable. They normally meet you at the airport with the car.

Think that was one of the ones I used previously actually and they were ok.

Forgot to mention that I dont go out of my way to hammer the mileage, I go out of my way to enjoy Turkety by traveling a lot which is why the mileage is high, the fact they do a double take was for a bit of amusement -- it says unlimited mileage on the quote ---
 8)

JT

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf