Author Topic: Time frame on residency applications  (Read 2848 times)

Offline marjo

Time frame on residency applications
« on: November 11, 2011, 07:43:42 AM »
Hi All
Apologies if this has been answered before, but I can not find it on searching!
We need to renew our residencies quickly but have a dilemma-our old residencies expired on 31/10 & 9/11-we had to take a flight back to UK on 31/10 & returned on 4/11. Due to the timing (can only apply for a renewal approx. 10 days before expiration)we could not renew them before we went & due to closures because of Kurban Bayram could not get an application done in time before the 9/11 one expired. Consequently we both had to get a tourist visa on our return on 4/11. The question is-how soon can we now apply for residency again, do we have to wait until the 90 day period is almost up?
Thanks in advance for any help

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, 07:50:28 AM »
I'm sure I read somewhere that you could apply up to 15 days after expiry but can't find it now - perhaps the best people to ask are the passport police there is someone who speaks english in the office now.

Offline marjo

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 07:57:37 AM »
We are off to see them later today, so hopefully this is correct!
Thank you

Offline kizkucuk

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 07:59:27 AM »
Good Luck and let us know how you get on :-)

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 08:14:32 AM »
ours expired while we were away, we used the tourist visa for 10 weeks then applied for renewal last month, no probs

Offline marjo

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, 08:19:44 AM »
The problem is that we need to renew quickly not wait until the tourist visa is about to expire, this is where we might have difficulty.We will see what the passport police have to say!

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2011, 08:27:33 AM »
I think you will find you have to wait til two weeks before your tourist visa runs out

Offline marjo

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2011, 08:42:29 AM »
Probably so-we need the residency as we have a problem now in completing a purchase. We bought a scooter in mid-October & all was going well until it came to getting the plates-Mugla declared that they were not issuing any yabanci vehicle plates until after Kurban Bayram & now we can not get the plates for the scooter as both our residencies have expired! Unfortunately if we wait until 2 weeks before the tourist visa expires we still can not apply, as we have to go to UK again (family reasons, can't change the date unfortunately)just as it expires, so would have to get another tourist visa & wait yet again for another 90 days! By then we have to submit our documents to work for them to process work visas & so would not get our residency until July at the earliest. In the meanwhile the scooter would be sitting plateless & unrideable on our driveway for months!!! Not looking good-any ideas??????

Offline maecy

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2011, 10:23:28 AM »
I bought a car last month, I was on a tourist visa at the time and the notary processed it using my expired residency permit number without any problems. We lived in ankara before and on several occasions I updated my residency permit whilst still having a valid tourist visa. However though the laws are the same mugla seems to require a lot more paperwork than ankara ever did!

Offline BM06

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2011, 11:55:35 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by kizkucuk

I'm sure I read somewhere that you could apply up to 15 days after expiry but can't find it now - perhaps the best people to ask are the passport police there is someone who speaks english in the office now.

Quite correct, it is printed in the blue book, up to 15 days after the expiry date ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf