Author Topic: Airport Transfers  (Read 6394 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Airport Transfers
« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2012, 16:25:33 PM »
We've only ever used the shuttle bus Highlander and never once had a problem on the journey to and from the airport. Return journey pick up has always been right on time, including a pick up time one year of 2.25am! We've paid £21.78 for May this year and that's in total for a return journey for 2 people. Just great value IMHO.
:D

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2012, 16:47:20 PM »
It is indeed Toky. :)

My point is only that if there are a number in the party then it might be worth considering a private transfer. This is especially the case if there are 6 people - F.A.T for example would work out at £ 23.33 return for 2.

Having never used the shuttle bus can I ask - can you book it to suit your personal flight times or does it wait for other flights as well.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 16:49:35 PM by Highlander »

Offline Supacabby

• Sunny Brighton
  • Location: Sunny Eastbourne by the sea aka Gods waiting room :)
  • Calis Beach - next best place to heaven...
Airport Transfers
« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2012, 17:38:45 PM »
Depends on how many passengers it has booked on your specific flight John, I've been the 1st on the bus & waited 15 mins or so before leaving the airport (always a cold Efes in the fridge supplied by the driver to ease the pain!) & also been the last on & left straight away.

A2B can't be beaten in my opinion, 1st class service time & again & the 1 "blip" I had (iffy driver - can happen to any company) was dealt with in a professional & efficient manner by the head office.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 17:43:42 PM »
When booking, you put you flight arrival time in and the flight details, likewise the homeward details. Only once did we have to wait on minibus for a period of 15mins and that was to wait for an elderly lady who was in a wheelchair, to be wheeled out of airport by staff. Every other time we've left almost immediatly and never has the bus been full. Once we were the only ones on the bus and another time there werw just 4 of us on it. United Blue have several minibuses at the airport waiting. We normally go May and September but they don't seem to mind leaving with minibuses which aren't full, Highlander. Go on, try it. You know you want to ha ha
:D

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2012, 18:05:22 PM »
My sentiments are the same as your's Scabby (sorry but I loved Toky's abbreviation of your name Mark):DThe most I have waited at the airport is about 40 mins as my flight was the first one in, my last trip mine was the last flight so we left straight away.My one blip when they were rather late on pick up,(they had to go back to the office to pick up a baby seat)was dealt with fantastically on my return to the uk best customer service I have ever received :)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2012, 18:11:33 PM »
Ha ha ha, sorry S'Cabby!!!!

quote:
Only once did we have to wait on minibus for a period of 15mins

Should read-Only once did we have to wait in the minibus for a period of 15mins.
The minibus was already waiting for us
« Last Edit: February 19, 2012, 18:14:55 PM by Toky »

Offline tonyb

Airport Transfers
« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2012, 20:49:14 PM »
I'm with H. Fethiye Airport Transfers every time. Superb vehicles & drivers, no waiting around, cold water & face wipes in case you are hot after arriving, all in all, superb door to door service.

Offline julesbob0303

Airport Transfers
« Reply #27 on: February 21, 2012, 09:38:03 AM »
After reading this topic yesterday, I have booked with Travel Republic for the first time for our first visit of the year, in early April.  We normally have a private taxi, which costs about £60 return (we have always used the same place, so they give us an excellent price   :) ).

Thought we'd try the shuttle bus as there are only 3 of us travelling together.  Total cost was less than £27 return.  As we have four visits this year, this is a good saving, moreso when only me and hubby are flying (less than £18 return).   8)

Will give it a try on everyone else's recommendation.  By the way, Travel Republic use A2B Transfers according to the receipt.   ;)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
Airport Transfers
« Reply #28 on: February 21, 2012, 10:39:37 AM »
Mine's is for United Blue. Maybe use different companies early or late season, julesbob0303

I can honestly say it's the transfers are the best value for money ever.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2012, 10:40:37 AM by Toky »

Offline julesbob0303

Airport Transfers
« Reply #29 on: February 21, 2012, 11:25:50 AM »
It's good to hear that they are very reliable.  You just can't beat the price.  We will save over £200 this year on transfers alone, if we use the shuttle service rather than a private taxi.  :D

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf