Author Topic: uk car to calis and back and back and back  (Read 2344 times)

Offline happy_flyer

uk car to calis and back and back and back
« on: February 25, 2012, 22:20:56 PM »
Can anyone tell me , if i was to drive my car to calis from UK and keep it there for  6 months, where would i have to drive it to be able to bring it back down again for a further 6 months? Would i be able to do this indefinatley or is there a limit to how many times this could be done?
Also just another thought while writing this, would one of the trips have to be back to the uk for a uk MOT test?

Offline Eric

« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2012, 22:40:05 PM »
6 months in 6 months out of Turkey.  Then 6 months in, snd then you have to take it out and it cannot come back again.  Yes you still have to have the UK MOT test otherwise how are you going to insure it?

Offline happy_flyer

« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2012, 22:50:56 PM »
Good thinking that man. Very good point.Still good news though at least i get to keep the car while we get ourselves sorted out when we get there.
Then could either sell to someone wanting to drive back or drive it back and sell it then fly down again.

Thanks for putting me on the right track.

Offline philrose

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2012, 05:55:20 AM »
I don't think you can sell it to someone wanting to drive back as the car details will be tied to your passpor,t so you will have to take it out of Turkey yourself.

Offline johnboy1967

« Reply #4 on: February 26, 2012, 07:19:00 AM »
quote:
Originally posted by philrose

I don't think you can sell it to someone wanting to drive back as the car details will  be tied to your passpor,t so you will have to take it out of Turkey yourself.

you can sell your car to another person, all the details are transfered to their passport....  I'm sure someone will post how to do it..... :)

Offline walker9

« Reply #5 on: February 26, 2012, 13:41:51 PM »
Hi, We kept our car here for 1 year, we were able to extend at Dalaman customs, we then sold it to someone in Marmaris, it was sold officially at the notary and customs in Fethiye took it off my husbands passport and put it on new buyers passport

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf