Author Topic: Bio gel nails  (Read 14014 times)

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
Re: Bio gel nails
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2012, 09:55:39 AM »
I've had acrylics put on for over 30 years when they were first introduced here in the UK. I decided in April to give them up for ever and what a mess my nails were in. I've been treating them  weekly ever since and only now have the ridges that the acrylic made on my nails,  grown off. I was considering having Shellac or Gellux applied for my forthcoming holiday but having seen the effect that this has on a coule of my friends nails, I've decided against it. I couldn't bear to go through all the hassle of getting my nails to look good again. For those who don't know, its a form of nail polishes, cured under a UVA lamp and lasts 3-4 weeks, maintaining a high shine and not supposed to chip.
  :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2012, 09:56:37 AM »
Marggie because I have wraps over natural and then Shellac I was told all I need to do was soak in acetone dilute, then peel the Shellac, beleive me this was not my exerience this time, if it was not for the wraps they would have been scraped solid with the rough boards. My nails had groen quarter of a inch in 3 weeks, do the put baby bio in the water here..lol
I will look into the Boots offer, thanks.

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #22 on: September 16, 2012, 10:00:57 AM »
Toky Iwill definetly be removing the polish myself in future, the gel wrap is definitely kinder to the narural nail as you do not need to rough the nail to bed it. I think much of the damage caused is by many salons still treating the Gel as if it is Acrylic.

SCUNNER, keep up boy.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #23 on: September 16, 2012, 10:24:13 AM »
all to hi tech for me ladies   ;)

Offline heather07

• Perth, UK
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 16, 2012, 10:52:24 AM »
Loz..I have to agree with your comment about training.  It was the owners daughter who had been to college.   I did not even get a decent manicure beforehand. 
I was so disappointed as I had a manicure and pedicure last year in Turkey and although my nails were short they looked lovely.    I usually just file them myself because the job I had we were not allowed to wear nail varnish,  so anything else in my view was a waste of money.  (Except when my son got married but I had the varnish smudged before I reached the car :-[)
I would definitely say the kit would be the way forward if you are able to do them yourself.  Could be a new business venture...."Nails by Loz and Gordon"  ;)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #25 on: September 16, 2012, 12:43:49 PM »
Sod that! Nails by Gordon, I want to be a lady of leisure and kept!

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #26 on: September 16, 2012, 19:36:00 PM »
I have "Gellish" on my natural nails - no filing at all to secure it to my own nails.
To remove, I sit with my nails in a special hand-shaped container heated with warm water underneath.  The Gellish just dissolves after 10-15 mins and peels off leaving no mess or need to file.  I have this done about every 3-4 weeks (fully replaced not filled) as the gaps where my nails have grown become obvious.  The longest I've left it has been 5 weeks and the Gellish does start breaking down and chipping.
My guess is my own nails will be quite soft once removed as the air isn't getting to them but it looks so good and without it, I invariably break a nail anyway - never manage to have them all the same length.

Offline Toky

• Prolific Member
  • Every day's a day for dancing
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2012, 19:46:08 PM »
Handy tip. when removing Shellac/Gellux etc, soak pads of cotton wool with acetone, place over nails and then wrap fingertops with tin foil. Cuts down on time soaking them off.
  :)

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
« Reply #28 on: September 16, 2012, 19:52:19 PM »
Toky I will let Gordon know of this tip. Loz

Offline Marggie

« Reply #29 on: September 16, 2012, 21:11:45 PM »
Good tip Toky.  Must look for a salon using Gellish Bluwise.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf