Author Topic: A2B Transfers  (Read 7810 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: A2B Transfers
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2012, 15:17:52 PM »
Never had a problem, apart from them being too prompt on a couple of occasions! I find the number you have to dial to confirm your return pick up time can be difficult to get through now and again. But the actual service at Dalaman and pick ups  to return are excellent. It wasn't so long ago that if I came to Turkey alone it would cost £65 return and now about £11? That's £54 extra for ice cream and vino collapso funds  :)

Offline billy3107

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2012, 09:15:03 AM »
I always book through Travel Republic via there website  Never had any problems Somtimes you are with A2B ,Resort Hoppa  Traveling today and i,m with Yesil Dalyan £7.82p return

Offline biff052

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2012, 19:22:27 PM »
We used A2B yesterday.  A pick up time of 8.10 pm was agreed, so we waited outside our apartment at 8 pm.  The transfer bus did not turn up until 8.50p.m.  By this time, we were feeling quite frantic, and in the process of phoning up a taxi to take us to the airport, when the bus turned up.  We tried the emergency number, but no answer, which at the time added to the stress. 

We possibly think that maybe the pick up time was stated wrong to us over the phone.  From talking to the lady on the transfer, it sounded as if they had just set out on the journey for pick up.  Anyway, the drive to the airport was perfect, and gave us chance to calm down!

Again, a reasonable price to pay...but at the time, not worth the angst it caused!  We must just be unlucky!!!

Offline col

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 20:41:11 PM »
Have often used A2B, rarely a problem, except once they
forgot a Fethiye pick up and had to turn round at Gocek.
Last month I decided to use Shuttle Direct for a change,
think it was £5 one way shuttle. I can only say I must
have been lucky, as I was the only customer, I had a private
car from Dalaman to my apt here, door to door for a fiver.

Offline catsrus

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 20:54:17 PM »
Has anyone booked A2B for the journey travelling Turkey to UK and then UK to Turkey.  A couple of days ago I was looking on Travel Republics website but it would appear that you could only book UK to Turkey and Turkey to UK.

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
A2B Transfers
« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 22:20:14 PM »
We've done Turkey to UK and back no problems.

My brother in law went back with A2b tonight, they were 15 mins early and he was picked up 7.45 for a midnight flight, which is a fair old time to be at Dalaman

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 22:30:48 PM »
If you do Turkey - UK - Turkey, you need to book as 2 seperate transfers, as the website assumes that you will be holidaying in Turkey!

Offline Diverbaz 1

« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2012, 07:20:07 AM »

Last Friday some friends, who's tranfer was booked with H4U (Yesil Dalyan) called as requested to confirm their pick up time, the guy on the phone spoke hardly any English, but should not have been much of a problem as you give a booking number, they should be able to say time and place, no he hung up on them, we were having a meal with them and they asked if we could try, knowing slightly more Turkish than they did, same thing happened he hung up on us. We then asked the restaurant owner (Dogan at Mosaic Bahce) if he could try, and he had a hard time talking to the guy in Turkish but eventually got the information.

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #18 on: August 28, 2012, 07:42:29 AM »
Well I a little nervous as I have booked with A2B for first time arriving 7th September and have always collected / dropped a hire car at the Airport previously except once when I booked a private transfer. Not so bothered about the Airport - Calis trip but the return one is the one that bothers me a bit.

Well at least if they bugger it up it gives me a nother subject for my Grumpy Old Men posts  :D

By the way Keith, I must say that Vino Collapso really is excellent stuff!

Meldrew

Offline valleyboy

« Reply #19 on: August 28, 2012, 09:39:26 AM »
.............................. Not so bothered about the Airport - Calis trip but the return one is the one that bothers me a bit.

Meldrew

Meldrew

I have personally used them four times this year (return trips), and other family members a further six return trips, we have had the occasional wait at the airport end, but as you say we don't mind that too much, but the pick up to the airport as always   been spot on, if not sometimes a little early. So have faith, but I do suggest you remember to contact them 48 hours prior to your departure date.   :) In my humble opinion even with the occasional waits at the airport end still a good £12 worth !!!   ;)  :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf