Author Topic: A2B Transfers  (Read 7811 times)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: A2B Transfers
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2012, 17:13:34 PM »
us too have used them four times this year used them to go to Dalaman on Friday night 10mins early at the hotel we had requested and all went smoothly,as the other member said do make sure you do your confirmation 48 hours or there abouts, we did not do ours until the 24 hours before but that was fine, I think if you do not do the confirmation there could be a small possibility that they could think the transfer is no longer required  :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2012, 17:22:30 PM »
We also used them for Portugal this year as we have been very happy with the service from/to Dalaman. We waited around 25 minutes in the airport before being taken to a minibus. The driver called our name and took our cases (being singled out to have your luggage put on first isn't ever good news, it means you are off last!). The minibus was quite full, and we dropped off in a resort soon into the journey - in fact, we dropped everyone off in that resort and there was just us left.

Heading back to the airport a driver turned up at the hotel right on time, in a VW people carrier and took us directly to the airport, just like a private transfer. Once again, great service and value for money. One difference, I do find the people on the confirmation phone number in Fethiye quite difficult to understand and often have to ask them to repeat what they are saying. No such problem in Portugal, the girl I spoke to was English.

Offline catsrus

• Newly Registered
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2012, 11:29:20 AM »
If you do Turkey - UK - Turkey, you need to book as 2 seperate transfers, as the website assumes that you will be holidaying in Turkey!

Thanks for that info.

Offline julesbob0303

« Reply #23 on: September 30, 2012, 01:29:50 AM »
We have used A2B numerous times this year and they have been fine. They have been late a couple of times, which can be worrying (specially when the transfer is for your 17 year old daughter who's about to fly alone for the first time!!)  You can go online to confirm your return flight which is much easier than ringing them, as their english is quite limited. The online details show an exact time for your pick up. However, if you do need to call them, when it comes to the "press 1 for ....., 2 for etc etc etc "  press whatever number is required for Customer Services - it was a british woman who was superb!  We will definitely use them again, and, as other people have said, we have often ended up being the only people in the transfer, so basically a private transfer for only £9 each return.  One piece of advice - if your apartment/villa is difficult to find (as is ours), choose a local restaurant or hotel and get picked up from there!  One of our return journeys was quite late as the driver couldn't find our apartment!  All in all though a very good service.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #24 on: September 30, 2012, 12:31:51 PM »
booked with them yesterday for our October trip we now do what you said Julie and say a hotel near to us it is much simpler all round, when I booked yesterday I noticed an option of express shuttle for a bit more money (I seem to recall another member mentioning this a while back) I wondered if anyone has used this service and how it wold work, it cant be a private transfer as it would not cover the cost of the fuel I would not have thought  ;)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #25 on: September 30, 2012, 12:51:53 PM »
Express shuttles with A2B have no more than 4 drop offs. They supposedly run separately to the normal ones but I doubt that. In fact, 4 drop offs is about the average I have found on the "normal" service" from Dalaman anyway. I wouldn't bother with it - you'd have to be pretty unlucky to be dropped off fifth or worse on the normal one anyway, and would it matter that much anyway  :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #26 on: September 30, 2012, 13:53:54 PM »
My Mrs used A 2 B and they were very good and very cheap. The only thing stopping us using them again is that being in Ovacik she was on the bus yonks as it had drop offs to do in Calis etc en route. If your drop off is in Calis chaces are you are going to be one of the first ones off so it would not be a problem.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #27 on: September 30, 2012, 14:54:49 PM »
Ah that is interesting to know Keith thanks for the info. No I won't bother as so far we have been really lucky first or second drop off, there was only one time we were last, we seemed to go all round Turkey (well not quite)  :) but it was interesting to see some other places we dropped off at the Majesty Tuana resort I had always wondered about it so was good to have a peek.
Hubby had brilliant service in August I had gone on ahead by a few days and he travelled more or less straight from finishing a night shift knowing he would sleep while travelling.he had a lovely kip on the plane a mother was shush shushing her baby to sleep so that also put hubby to sleep, then the A2B driver did not speak much English so he went round to all the passengers and showed them the clip board with their name and destination on and the passengers had to point out their drop off points, this turned out to be a really good idea as Derek was fast a kip again and the driver had to wake him up at Nevada Su! dont know how he would remember everyone's drop off though if it was a full bus!  ;)

Offline desmartinson

• Banned
« Reply #28 on: September 30, 2012, 18:28:43 PM »
So what are you really saying guys, someone has to be first drop off. someone has to be last, i have used them in different euro countrys, no probs as scunner has said. reference portugal etc. i really rate them. never had a problem so far.

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #29 on: September 30, 2012, 19:02:40 PM »
We used Resort Hoppa (same buses) and did pay the extra few quid (£ I think) for the 4 max drop off. We were first (probably because we are Koca Calis). However I understand they have some larger buses so you might just end up waiting for a big party at the airport. We were sorted inside 20mins and dropped off right by our site gate.

Would use again but not sure about the extra max 4 drop off cost really.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf