Author Topic: Mother and baby groups  (Read 2655 times)

Offline Bunnyhopper

• Newly Registered
Mother and baby groups
« on: March 02, 2013, 16:19:40 PM »
Hi I am new to the CBF and would like to meet up with other mums in the area - I searched but couldn't find anything posted on the subject for some time and  wondered if there was anything still going on?  Be so grateful for any info and help.

Offline Bunnyhopper

• Newly Registered
Re: Mother and baby groups
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2013, 15:16:55 PM »
Hi All

Disappointed no news on any mum n baby groups going on (as yet) but thanks to all of you who read my post.
(Sorry for not actually stating I live in the Fethiye area, as hadn't realised lots of you guys are not living in Turkey, DOH!)

As no get togethers seem to be happening specifically for Mums n their children, can anyone advise me the best places to go to make new friends in the Fethiye area, bearing in mind I have a young child?

Many thanks.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2013, 15:19:45 PM »
I doubt many people saw it in the FAQ section, I'll move it to the expat section for you to see if there is any response.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2013, 15:34:25 PM »
There was a Mother and Baby group a few years ago, the last post was last year so you could message some of the Mums and ask them.  ;) 
This is the thread about it
http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/calis_beach_questions_and_information/mother_and_baby_groups_37706.msg189851.html#msg189851

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2013, 15:40:30 PM »
Somebody on here, maybe one of the 3Cs committee, mentioned about a group of young mums in the Fethiye area who were doing a lot for charity.  Their group might be of interest to you as it would get you involved and meeting new people.

Will have a search and see what comes up and get back to you.

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: March 22, 2013, 15:45:24 PM »
I'm fairly sure that CBF member Hotmama AKA Tamzin is one of these young mums in the area, maybe you could send her a pm

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2013, 18:08:54 PM »
Hi... I am in contact with The Mummies group who are on FB pages... I will send you details of how and who to get in touch with. They are a very helpful group of women and give great support and advice to each other... Are u on Facebook? I dont want to give the details on here for obvious reasons... Anne  look in your messages on this page... Anne

Offline Bunnyhopper

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2013, 19:59:15 PM »
Thanks to you all for your help!
Scunner...sorry should have put it here in the first place, have to let me off being a newbie ha ha!

Offline Dutchie

Mother and baby groups
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2013, 20:04:24 PM »
Like Mercury already wrote, the FB group Fethiye Mummies and Babies is quite active. There are regular meetings. Every Thursday morning for example they meet in the Yasaroglu restaurant in Ovacik. They have a small indoor playground so the kids can play whilst the mums are chatting.

How old is/are your child(ren)?

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: March 30, 2013, 18:29:12 PM »
Hya/ I have a phone number for you too call. I will send it too you later this evening. C.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf