Author Topic: Advice please  (Read 1923 times)

Offline sadler

Advice please
« on: March 12, 2013, 09:34:30 AM »
We have just been informed that we have a purchaser for our beautiful apartment and that the procedure should be completed in about 14 days - panic, panic.  We have never been out there at this time of the year previously and Stansted is our nearest airport  (or Gatwick at a push).  Any advice on whether we should be able to get flights direct to Dalaman in March/April or would we be better to go to one of the other airports and getting a taxi to Calis. Any info would be gratefully accepted.   ;) ;D :-*

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2013, 09:40:23 AM »
There are quite a few direct Easter flights if you can wait till then? Getting to Gatwick or Luton this end is better than getting from Antalya or Bodrum (or even Istanbul) that end in my opinion.

Offline Marggie

« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2013, 09:50:25 AM »
Even in the winter Pegasus fly from Stanstead to Istanbul, you can then get a domestic flight to Dalaman.  Pegasus have their own buses meeting all flights - the bus fare to Fethiye Otogar is 10 tl each.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2013, 10:09:56 AM »
I too would rather change airports the Uk side then the Turkish side, we have done both Antalya and Bodrum and whilst it was worth it to get to Turkey it is in my opinion far easier to land at Dalaman.
Easyjet's first flight out this year from Gatwick is either the 24th March or 27th, Thomas Cook's are not until beginning of April, (dont know about Stansted)I do know the Easyjet flight is pretty damn extorinate as I looked at changing mine but not prepared to pay that price..
Good luck in whatever you deceide to do to get there  :) 

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: March 12, 2013, 10:42:25 AM »
I totally agree that travelling from Antalya or Bodrum is a bit of a pain.  However, Pegasus are flying at the moment from Stanstead to Dalaman, this will involve a change of plane at Sabiha Gokcen Airport  which is not really any great hassle and then you can get to Fethiye quite cheaply via Pegasus Havas bus.

Offline lissa

« Reply #5 on: March 12, 2013, 12:04:09 PM »
Easyjet start flights from Stansted on 27th march but expensive as leading up to the Easter weekend. Pegasus are also more expensive that week than the following week, but cheaper on the 27th outbound than Easyjet, so maybe possible to fly out with Pegasus and back on 3rd April with Easyjet.

Offline Ray1951

« Reply #6 on: March 12, 2013, 12:18:56 PM »
I have always enjoyed flying with Pegasus and once your luggage is loaded in the UK, you don't have to bother about it until you reach Dalaman. Personally I think this is the best option.  Good luck with the sale.  Oh!  I always take the meal on the flight - fillet steak and all the trimmings and for £7.50 - WELL worth it.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #7 on: March 12, 2013, 14:26:29 PM »
I am flying Easyjet DLM-LGW on April 1st & LGW-DLM on April 8th £198 round trip including seat choice & 20kg luggage. Neither were full when I looked last, could be that is because I'm going in the opposite directions to most of the grockles  8)

Offline cobbydalers

« Reply #8 on: March 12, 2013, 14:52:20 PM »
A few weeks ago we got Dalaman to Manchester March 30th for two weeks, return flights with Easijet for 304 pounds for two of us and that was luggage included,just lucky to be checking that day.!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf