Author Topic: Aydem discount  (Read 1808 times)

Offline Boxerdogs

Aydem discount
« on: May 25, 2013, 15:45:13 PM »
I had a call from a friend the other day and she said that she had two men call round from Aydem who informed them that they were on their list for a discount from Aydem starting the 1st of July.
They had fall Aydem ID and paperwork and turned up in an Aydem car.
Then today we also had a visit from them, they said that the discount was 19% on usage before taxes ECT but worked out about 9% on total bills.
They had a list of not only English but Turkish people with Aydem numbers & addresses. They asked for a photo copy of the person whose name is on the bills passport to sign the Ayden form
He said this has been given by the government and was happy to give me his phone number and name. We were not asked for any bank details or money.
I just wondering if anyone else had had a visit and what do you think ... ???

Offline Marggie

Offline Libra

Re: Aydem discount
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2013, 16:54:35 PM »
I did not sign the contract , because there was a statement 8 saying "all the cost and taxes caused by this contract belong to the customer" . I asked , what the costs are , they said there are no costs. I said , so we can delete this statement. They said , no we cannot. So I did not sign it. If you sign it , you agree to accept Aydem as your electric supplier for the next 24 months.

I do not know if there are at the moment or will be in the next future any other electric suppliers other than Aydem in this area.

The reason of all this is however a law that lets customers choose their electric suppliers and make contracts with them , if they consume a certain amount of electric power during a certain period.

I do not know how it works in the UK , but in Germany for example one can choose his supplier according to the prices or the source of power e.g. solar , nuclear , hydro etc.

Offline Boxerdogs

Re: Aydem discount
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2013, 05:08:46 AM »
Thanks Marggie
How did I miss this one. Must have been asleep. Any discount is welcome I have been happy with Aydem so far

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
Aydem discount
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2013, 07:27:55 AM »
Similar in the UK Fatih. There are many many providers, even companies that traditionally provided gas now supply electricity etc.
It's very complicated and the way they tell you the prices is really confusing.
Some have a monthly standard charge, some charge by the unit, some in kilowatts, some in metric units
The Government are in the process of streamlining it all so that people will find it easier to choose the cheapest deal.
Switching is easy but many people then end up paying 2 companies!
I suspect it's probably easier in Germany!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf