Author Topic: changes to SGK  (Read 4839 times)

Offline Firo

changes to SGK
« on: July 02, 2013, 08:29:39 AM »
From the UK in Turkey

Changes to SGK regulations:

It is no longer compulsory for foreign nationals to join the SGK health scheme. Those wishing to join may do so after one year of residency in Turkey with a residence permit. All foreign nationals who have been residing longer than a year will also be eligible to apply and payments will start from the date of application. Payments will not be back dated.

The only time when a foreign national will be able to cease membership, or withdraw their application from SGK, is when they decide to leave Turkey to return to their country or if they join an official health scheme (e.g. NHS).

If leaving Turkey on a permanent basis an individual must surrender their residence permit to the Foreigners Police Department and write a letter to their SGK office informing them that they are leaving the country.

On joining an official health scheme a letter proving membership of the scheme must be submitted to the SGK office.

Offline cinders

Re: changes to SGK
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2013, 08:42:16 AM »
Thanks for posting....
thought it would change at some point after seeing the new rules for joining SGK.
seems medical by Drs from Develet  are in place before you can join??  ;) C

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2013, 09:52:25 AM »
The change on no longer backdating the SGK payments will delight many who have been hedging about joining up, and I'm sure will make those who paid their back dating money incandescent with rage ... ah the  joys of Turkish Living  ;)

Offline Marggie

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2013, 10:06:41 AM »
There was a thread running on here about changes to SGK due to come into effect end April 2014 (can't find at moment).  It stated that SGK was to become compulsory for all Residency Permit Holders. 

Is this response from UK in Turkey to previously asked questions or does it refer to the new rules due to come in next year?

Offline Marggie

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2013, 13:22:24 PM »
This is the thread I was referring to, it is mainly about changes to the Residency Permit but also states that Health Insurance is a condition of acceptance for Residency.

http://www.calis-beach.co.uk/forum/residency_turkey_visas_work_permit_questions/summary_new_law_resident_permits_we_april_2014_50768.msg314366.html#msg314366

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2013, 16:32:31 PM »
I always believed that when your residency expired your SGK expired with it unless you went to your local SGK office and submitted details of your next/new residency?

Consequently I feel I am committed (no funny comments) until I decide not to renew my residency - not for life - unless I have proof etc etc. I don't mind paying for any time that I am not here should we decide not to return to Turkey - but only to the end of my residency.

Surely this will still apply or they may have a lot of peoples names on "the list" at entry points to the country C:-)

Some more twists and turns methinks  ;)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2013, 16:58:33 PM »
Ooops... Barrie and I had such a lot to sort out in a short period of time and forgot altogether about the SGK... Is there nothing we can do about it now or are we going to get hauled in when we come back for all the back payments... I never thought about having to hand in our residency as we are still going to be coming and going....

Offline grizabella

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2013, 17:05:00 PM »
Just taken out 1 years private health insurance with a Turkish Company as objected to having to pay back 2 years money as registered when we were told we'd be finedif we didnt.At least now I have the option of either renewing the private cover or taking up SGK next year.

Offline Ian

• Loveable Northern Gentleman
  • Prolific Member
  • Getting Younger by the Day the Longer We Stay :-)
« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2013, 17:38:48 PM »
Anne - hi - hope you are well and settling in?

I believe if you log on via TEB - it will show you how much they believe you owe at any point in time which will be an accumulation of your unpaid monthly payments until your residency expires. We also read that "entry points" would be aware of the debt - but how joined up they are is an "unknown" - you would think "not very" but if I were you I would try to get a letter from your new doc next time you go - just to confirm you are their patient and try to make a "medical case" on your return when you re-visit here to get your agreement annulled - as I think they would be happier for you to have ongoing treatment in the UK - if you get my drift  ;)

Take care and I hope our good Lancashire folk are being nice to you and Barrie ;D

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: July 03, 2013, 18:11:48 PM »
They are being wonderful Ian.. We had 13 welcome to your new home cards... They all seem to be from Lancs...so up North is good for us... We didn't even need a passport to get on here.. Although we do need a pin number for the barriers...It was easier to settle in than we thought...discovering Aldi wine has been a bonus... Lots love to you and Gill... Hope its not too hot for you... Its going to be 27 at the weekend.. Plenty warm enough for us... sorry off topic again... xx

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf