Author Topic: Estate Agents Complain About Unauthorised British Workers  (Read 3096 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Estate Agents Complain About Unauthorised British Workers
« on: December 10, 2013, 09:15:14 AM »
Land of Lights tells of Fethiye estate agents employing illegal British workers...

"British nationals working as and for estate agents without the necessary licences or work permits in the Fethiye region has prompted Şeref Varlı, the Chairman of Fethiye’s Association of Estate Agents, to write a letter of complaint to Mustafa Şıkman, the Honorary British Consul in Fethiye.

Varlı, representing Fethiye’s estate agents, complained that: “Foreigners resident in Fethiye are involved in work activities without work permits. In other words, they are working as real estate agents, constructing buildings, renting them out and providing after sales services. We approached the Governor of Fethiye on this matter only recently. We also visited the Governor of Muğla a few months ago regarding our concerns".

“Today we visited Mustafa Şıkman to submit our letter of complaint. The rights of our colleagues who pay their taxes and insurance premiums for their employees are being violated. Our association has 175 members but there are also about 100 real estate companies who are also officially registered but belong to other chambers and associations. At the same time there are approximately 100 foreigners with no official status working in this field as professionals, and quite a few others who are amateurs.”

Full Story: http://www.landoflights.net/local-news/estate-agents-complain-about-unauthorized-british-workers-23663.html

Offline GordonA

• Chauvanist Clown & Resident Curmudgeon
Re: Estate Agents Complain About Unauthorised British Workers
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2013, 15:27:40 PM »
Not before time, in my humble opinion. Let us just hope that this may go some way to rooting out a certain Ex-pat Brit who has widely featured on this Forum. I personally am aware of quite a few Brits who have been 'stealing' business from rightful Estate Agencies and Maintenance companies. One of these persons has recently 'pooped in the nest', shall we say, and buggered off back to the U.K. before he/she had their collar felt big time. I for one, am delighted that, at last, something may be done about this, after all, we are up in arms at the moment re. the now, seemingly inevitable invasion of Romanian/Bulgarian gypsies and immigrants from January 1st, into our own country, taking our jobs. ......And BREATHE !!

Offline Eric

« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2013, 15:46:43 PM »
"The rights of our colleagues who pay their taxes and insurance premiums for their employees...."

Yeh right!!!!!

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #3 on: December 10, 2013, 16:19:01 PM »
we are up in arms at the moment re. the now, seemingly inevitable invasion of Romanian/Bulgarian gypsies and immigrants from January 1st, into our own country, taking our jobs. ......And BREATHE !!

In my opinion they'll be taking the jobs that our lazy b'stards can't be bothered with. As long as they take jobs and not benefits I'm not complaining.

Offline mary62

• Growing old disgracefully.
« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2013, 16:40:47 PM »
Pity they don't weed out the 'conning element' in some of  the Estate agents.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2013, 19:19:44 PM »
I didn't spot any reference to waiters and barmen in Mr Varli's letter of complaint. Obviously an oversight.

Offline ceni

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2013, 00:21:04 AM »
Are not some Emlaks employing Brits etc because Brits looking for property will go somewhere they know they are understood and they help bring in the punters (victims) They employ Brits etc because there's a good chance they'll get caught before they have to pay them too, if not, then the emlak can simply shrug his shoulders as there's nowt the Brit can do.

Both Nicholas and Hanel have done that and I dare say quite a few more of the smaller ones too.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf