Author Topic: I am bloody freezing..  (Read 16143 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: I am bloody freezing..
« Reply #120 on: March 16, 2014, 13:42:24 PM »
We used to visit Scotland in August each year, just because we couldn't see ourselves surviving the whole 10 weeks. I think the worst part of it all is the fact that it doesn't get noticeably cooler overnight either. Sitting outside a bar at 1am doing nothing and sweat dripping off you is no fun. I'd been in town every month of the year before we moved there, so at least I'd experienced all the weathers - but again it's not just the heat, it's the number of days it goes on for - up to 100 consecutive - and you do tend to tire of it  :)

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #121 on: March 16, 2014, 14:03:06 PM »
Well, Kaya is also reckoned to be a few degrees cooler in the summer, but we had a few days in August 2007 & 2008 when it reached 55 degrees.

It's brilliant for those who are out there for a week or two for their holidays and at the end of it the only thing they've got to show their mates and colleagues is the tan. But, like Scunner says, after a few weeks of it, the novelty soon wears off. Don't get me wrong though, I'd be back there in a flash, given the chance.

At the end of a scorching summer you've got the spectacular winter storms and light shows to look forward to though. Apparently this year's have been a bit meek and mild compared to some recent ones.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #122 on: March 16, 2014, 14:12:48 PM »
Ok, so on tick list for future potental buyers is extremes of weather, both hot and cold.

This is not bodng well is it guys.. : :)

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #123 on: March 16, 2014, 14:55:32 PM »
You will be fine in the summer I think. We are always in Ovacik in the August and it is noticably cooler than in Fethiye and Olu.

Offline lissa

« Reply #124 on: March 22, 2014, 14:18:18 PM »
Heaters I said about 2 pages or so back, are from Daikin shop, on opposite side to Home Prof, few shops down, away from Fethiye centre. Think they are called umo, or something like that, and are from scandiavia. My friend has one and says very good.

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #125 on: March 22, 2014, 17:52:00 PM »
Thanks lissa.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf