Author Topic: New Residency  (Read 14790 times)

Offline JambeckGill

• Newly Registered
Re: New Residency
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2014, 11:21:57 AM »
We saw Yakup yesterday and he advised us to wait another week to see if there are any further changes!. He has been unable to make any applications for other clients as the Police will Only accept the comprehensive ins cover. It is Very frustrating that we have Worlwide Full Comprehensive Ins Medical cover for £10 million that we are prepared to have notarised and this won't be accepted. is our first TR application and unclear what will happen IF the Police allow us to make an application and we don't receive it back from Ankara by the time our 90 day evisa expires, I wonder whether we will be able to stay in Turkey pending our TR being returned?? After all we can't even purchase another evisa until November.
I have spent further time researching all other sites/ Embassies etc but no answers. It would be nice if we had some support from the UK embassy- perhaps I've missed something.
It's a shame that the Government are implementing this in such a disorganised manner and not taking into account that foreigners have spent a thousands of £s on properties.
I hope that people who are thinking of moving to Turkey or buying property here read this information before they go ahead because it is very worrying and TOTALLY  unacceptable.
Where is the support in all this?

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2014, 17:51:23 PM »
JambeckGill, you ask "where is the support in this" ..... well the simple answer is that there isn't any. We had the same fiasco back in Jan 2012 over SGK, now this.

The British Embassy/Consulate seem to be the last to know anything about what is happening here to their citizens and the Turkish government seem to take a delight in bringing in half assed laws without prior thought or consultation with the people they will affect. Welcome to Turkey LOL.

Offline davybill

« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2014, 19:23:21 PM »
I agree the British consulate couldn't care less,

Offline The Gimp Master

• Newly Registered
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2014, 20:43:15 PM »

Offline Eric

« Reply #34 on: May 15, 2014, 08:57:43 AM »
Law number 6458 Law on foreigners and international protection (residence permits) In English

http://www.goc.gov.tr/files/files/eng_minikanun_5_son.pdf

Offline saoirse

« Reply #35 on: May 15, 2014, 10:26:12 AM »
Thanks for that Eric

Clear as mud

33c states you will be refused short term RP if you have been out of Turkey for more than 120 days in previous year

Yet you can have a short term RP for periods up to 12 months. Surely anyone who takes an RP for less than 8 months will then fall foul of 33c?????

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
New Residency
« Reply #36 on: May 15, 2014, 11:16:59 AM »
I know this sounds awful but if you are in your sixties/seventies then do you really expect a foreign country to allow you to live there and pay for your health requirements?

Medical insurance will cost the earth at that age and they will completely bar any existing conditions without excessive premiums.

It's ok trying to circumnavigate the problem with a cheap policy but if this is accepted (which it seems it won't be now) then what happens when you become seriously ill and it won't cover you?

Sorry to be so blunt but many many countries would have the same stance.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 11:30:23 AM by stoop »

Offline Sokak91

• Newly Registered
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2014, 12:58:30 PM »
Whilst I fully agree with your sentiments Stoop, I think the big problem is that, as things stand, no insurers are willing to offer the level of cover that is currently being demanded. Not at any price.

Therefore, people over 70 who are more than willing to pay for insurance cover, or who have the financial means to pay for any medical needs as they go are, in effect, going to be exiled without any option to stay whatsoever. That, I think, is a very harsh indeed.

Offline Evie

« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2014, 14:35:17 PM »
Friends of ours put in for 1 year resedency (in Fethiye)  2 weeks ago with emergency insurance only -residencys back yesterday all ok.

Offline davybill

« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2014, 14:50:39 PM »
Well good luck to them Evie,just shows what a b---ls up it is in Ankara

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf