Author Topic: Compensation for flight delays  (Read 5656 times)

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Compensation for flight delays
« Reply #20 on: August 14, 2014, 19:22:38 PM »
To tell you the truth, I don't really care and don't understand why I am being questioned.   I will say it again.  All the passengers we met to fly back told us that the Hotel was a Flight Crew Hotel....  Not my comments.  I got the impression they expected a better Hotel....again just my impression..

Offline Bluwise

« Reply #21 on: August 14, 2014, 20:09:20 PM »
I asked the question as I felt you were suggesting the Hotel wasn't good enough because the flight crew stayed there.  It may have been the comments from other passengers but I think you shared it knowing exactly what it meant.
A bit like dining at the Captain's table and complaining about eating with the staff!!   ;D

Offline LEES

« Reply #22 on: August 14, 2014, 21:20:50 PM »
We recently returned to the UK with a 3.5 hour delay, This was messaged to us by Thomas Cook 15 min before the flight was due to take off, we were told to collect meal vouchers before check-in, impossible as we had already checked in 2 hours prior, 6 hours in Dalaman airport is a very long time. On board we were told that the delay was due to baggage handling issues at Gatwick, and also some technical issue.
I specifically booked an early flight as we have a long drive back down to Portsmouth and had to be at work the next day. We finally arrived home after midnight Uk time and had to be at work in the morning.
We lodged a complaint but after a month have not had a response.
I don't really see why the price of the ticket ( although ours were not cheap) should make a difference and am stunned by the total disinterest show by Thomas Cook staff in our complaint. We make travel arrangements to suit ourselves, and pay a decent price, and do not even receive a decent apology from the supplier. Of course we will not be booking with them again and will take our chances else ware in the future. Sad to say that I find service levels ok UK based business completely useless and complaints are a waste of time!

Sorry for the long rant but really think that the customer should be treated a little better.

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2014, 09:09:11 AM »
I asked the question as I felt you were suggesting the Hotel wasn't good enough because the flight crew stayed there.  It may have been the comments from other passengers but I think you shared it knowing exactly what it meant.
A bit like dining at the Captain's table and complaining about eating with the staff!!   ;D

How on earth could I be suggesting anything?  I passed on a conversation we had with passengers who had been put up in an Hotel in Dalaman.   I did not censor the comments as I thought them relevent.  I have no opinion one way or the other.  I shared it with no ulterior motives.  Obviously,  and curiously, you immediately put your take on it and jumped to the wrong conclusion about me.   
I assume  you are in the know about where the local Airlines put their staff? and obviously you know the grade of the Hotel they stay in at Dalaman.   I bow to your greater knowledge.
However, if the other passengers thought the Hotel not good enough, perhaps they were right, I see nothing demeaning about that.   More importantly, these passengers where stuck for three days in a small transient hotel with little money and urgent need to get back to Scotland to their jobs.

Offline Old Nick

• Newly Registered
« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2014, 13:31:40 PM »
Sorry but I am with Bluwise here, the post did sound everso slightly condescending.  Of course, I may be reading it with the wrongly.   :)

Offline teetee

• Travel broadens your mind......and your waist!
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2014, 15:05:03 PM »
Sorry but I am with Bluwise here, the post did sound everso slightly condescending.  Of course, I may be reading it with the wrongly.    :)

She will not be amused  ;)

Offline johntaylor49

« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2014, 12:57:45 PM »
Fairly standard with any airline to put passengers and crew up in same Hotel, usually Airport or Business Hotel
nearby. I've always found them reasonable but of course they provide the minimum in f and b and often not
from the standard menu to reduce costs which I always find annoying. JT

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf