Author Topic: Help with identifying a payment  (Read 2238 times)

Offline sadler

Help with identifying a payment
« on: October 01, 2014, 16:00:52 PM »
I went to the AKbank today to pay in some money for my electric and water direct debits and get my account card made up to date. There is an item for 55tl which went out in June of this year and it gives a description of "2014 I.yari he." I have never seen this narrative before and as my card goes back to 2012 it seems strange to suddenly appear. All the more concerning as I usually top the account up once a year and if unexpected amounts are deducted from the balance the account could go overdrawn and cause the electric to be disconnected. We don't have internet banking as apparently it is bank policy not to allow it on joint accounts! >:(

Offline Hamlet

Re: Help with identifying a payment
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2014, 16:51:51 PM »
I think this might be a bank annual fee, usually applied unless you have at least two automatic payments (direct debits) going out of your account.  ???

Offline sadler

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2014, 18:55:24 PM »
That's what I thought it may be Hamlet. Although I haven't cancelled the water one, and as yet, have no info on making a replacement. Let's hope it is only one annual fee, as it would soon empty the account if it recurs. Think I just may visit the bank again before I go home and put another bung in, just in case.

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2014, 03:28:15 AM »
Good idea Sadler, better to err on the side of caution  8)

Offline sadler

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 14:50:04 PM »
Have been to the bank today, and they confirm that this indeed is a charge for not having two dds coming out of the account. We received and paid our new water bill and took this along with the receipt to the bank to ask if they could cancel the old dd and replace it with a new one to the new billing authority. They cancelled the old one easily enough, but cannot yet implement a new dd for the water. We therefore have half year charges at 55tl for the payment of only one dd, totalling 110tl annually, and have only previously paid 100tl per annum into the account which adequately covered the cost of the two utilities. Something tells me we are loosing out here big time!  >:(
« Last Edit: October 10, 2014, 15:34:45 PM by sadler »

Offline Liz 101

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 15:17:32 PM »
The MUSKI system for paying water bills by direct debit isn't available yet. Let's face it it took them long enough to get around to reading the meters

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf