Author Topic: rosary beach avoid.  (Read 7983 times)

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
rosary beach avoid.
« on: October 05, 2014, 16:53:35 PM »
After our disappointment over the Golden Moon we chose the Rosary beach as the alternative.. Apart from the position which is perfect we have never stayed in such a terrible hotel in Turkey apart from one in Dalaman but that it another story... The bread is stale to say the least and the rest of the breakfast is dreadful... The cereal choice for first 4 days was porridge oats and cold milk... Next day cornflakes appeared but no sugar and warm milk. Next day no cereal and we were told.. No cereal today maybe  tommorow... A guest made them go out and buy a packet of cornflakes!!!  I have no idea who the boss or owner was because he never showed his face... The staff were as miserable as sin and never replied to Gunaydin or iyi aksamlar... We had to ask for a sheets change after 8 days. Towels are changed everyday so that was something.. On our last day we got a showermat and bleach down the toilet... Floors are dirty in the bedrooms... We are going to The Rebin Beach next week..just hope that is better.... We didn't expect it to be great but we have stayed in other basic hotels like the Letoon in the same area.. A palace and good food compared to this.. We aren't fussy just want basic clean accom with a reasonable edible breakfast...

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
Re: rosary beach avoid.
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2014, 20:11:29 PM »
 I am sorry to read this Anne purely because I saw on here a while back that you were changing from the Golden Moon to the Rosary Beach and I was going to say out of the two I would choose the Golden Moon... We have only ever stayed at both hotels for one night and the GM was when it first opened for the season this year so we would not have encountered the being over booked as we were the only ones there!
We were meant to be staying at the Remer and got moved to the Rosary Beach think it was end September last year, we hated it the bathroom was awful and the old man on reception well I just felt intimidated by him, I only asked about the wifi and then for a second pillow, I can not sleep with just one pillow and most hotels have some spares in the wardrobe so you don't need to ask... 
I hope you find the Rebin Beach better...

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2014, 20:21:17 PM »
If you are looking for an economy seafront hotel in Calis we stayed at the Manas Park up towards the Mutlu and it was excellent value for money. Basic yes, a bit random yes, breakfast 'adequate' but we were more than happy with it for what we paid.

I did hear it had moved to all inclusive, I wouldn't want that. But if B&B is still an option the sea view is fabulous and from every room.

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2014, 20:42:29 PM »
Hotel Letoon this October is £ 12 per person per night.

Breakfast much improved these days with large selection.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2014, 21:05:16 PM »
 We also stayed at the Letoon for a night this year and loved it great pool lovely breakfast and just lovely, felt like we were in "proper Turkey" definitely stay here again  :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #5 on: October 05, 2014, 21:59:26 PM »
There is very little consistency in hotels, why?

We stayed in the in the Rosary in June, must admit the first room was not ideal, we were moved later in the day to the seafront rooms, ideal, food, breakfast was ok,  however, other than that I loved it.  Have to agree the staff were a strange bunch, very hard to interact, the cleaners though were fabulous, had a great laugh with them.

We booked 2 weeks in a hotel in Hisaronu, we stayed for a long weekend over 2 years ago, what could go wrong?  our 1 weeks we lasted 4 days, it was appalling!!  then Anne and Billy came to our rescue, offering their apartment Violet Residences.  That is my holiday choice from now on ;-)

Offline miss construed

• Newly Registered
« Reply #6 on: October 05, 2014, 22:43:15 PM »
Hi. I don't post on here much but I saw this & was quite surprised. I stayed at the Rosary Beach for a fortnight in August this year & everything was ok. I'm wondering if the manager was away or something.  The room was cleaned daily, sheets every few days-always clean towels & loo rolls! Even if I put the do not disturb sign on, as soon as it was removed they were in!  Got to admit breakfast isn't amazing & didn't try the cereals but was standard brekkie for Turkey-olives, bread, cheese, an egg, some kind of salami etc but plenty of coffee & turkish tea although was lacking fresh juice,only diluted orange cordial.  The younger staff member on reception spoke limited English & came across a bit unfriendly but I think was due to his English & not wanting to communicate too much!  The lady on reception was nice & always smiled & said hello.  It is quite a basic hotel & there was a lack of staff around the pool bar (all optics were empty!) but for the price the location is fab & rooms nice enough & after going to Marmaris for a few years it's nice not to have staff in your face trying to sell something every 5 mins!  I'm wondering if unfortunately had picked a bad time to go-ie normal staff on holiday or something. 

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: October 05, 2014, 23:28:50 PM »
Excuse me miss construed - please explain to me why "normal" staff would be on holiday at the height of the season and even then why they were not replaced.

When we book we are not privy to when staff are on holiday (when on earth would we be) and expect a certain level of service

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: October 05, 2014, 23:40:49 PM »
I agree the location is great and for me that's it....
The young girl in reception was fine but later on when I saw the old man shaking his fist and muttering away to the lad about me wanting an extra pillow,I know that is what is was about as he was giving the lad a key to obviously where the linen is stored I felt really uncormfortable indeed..I had asked nicely and I had gone down to reception myself to ask and take it back with me,I wasn't being a diva and phoning down and expecting to be waited on or anything...
Huge difference to the Letoon when I asked if I could have a top sheet as I can't sleep with those scratchy covers most hotels in Turkey seem to use...

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: October 06, 2014, 07:27:56 AM »
No woman on reception...trust me every one including The Turkish weren't happy.. The pool area was filthy and covered in leaves until a hotel guest told them that just because the season is coming to an end it shouldn't be left like that./ It was swept up then... We have "done" basic many times and this was the worst... Maybe it Is because the season is ending but we won't be going again even though the position is great for us..

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf