Author Topic: 'The Hillpoint'  (Read 7313 times)

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
'The Hillpoint'
« on: February 10, 2015, 14:07:03 PM »
As you go up Green Valley (Deliktas) there is a large development of apartments (The Hillpoint) high up on the right, all totally unoccupied and have been since build. This week they have been removing the pedestrian 'elevator' to its right. Does anyone know the history of this development ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
Re: 'The Hillpoint'
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 14:58:25 PM »
It was originally called The Viewpoint and the saga of it's construction goes back to 2006-7.

I've PM'd you a link to another forum where there was an ongoing discussion.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2015, 15:58:38 PM »
Thanks for that, very interesting - what a waste !!!!
A lot of money down the drain there - hopefully the developer's and not the prospective owners  :(

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2015, 18:24:43 PM »
I remember our modest stand at A Place in the Sun exhibition in Manchester being dwarfed by the stand selling this project. They had ex-Manchester United players appearing and the FA Cup - we had a tray of chewy Turkish delight! They even outdid the Hanel Houses stand which took some doing back then.

In order to build it they had to provide the nearby 'social housing' which they did and I assume they are now occupied. But the Viewpoint (viewing directly AWAY from the sea) was I assume just too big and arrived more or less just after the 'boom'. The company behind it were substantial but it ran into difficulties pretty early into the construction.

As far as I know they had sold a decent number of them but I didn't sell any so I don't know if those people lost their money.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2015, 20:48:37 PM »
Only a few squatters up there now - I wonder why they have suddenly started dismantling the 'funicular' ?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #5 on: February 10, 2015, 22:41:38 PM »
I did a couple of inspections for people who's property had been "finished" while they were still in the UK. Quite frankly the quality was absolutely abysmal.

Basically, everything that could be wrong WAS wrong. In one property I looked at there were workers living in the property and they'd lit a fire and had a BBQ on the newly tiled lounge floor. There was water running down a bedroom wall where they'd dug into the hillside but hadn't tanked the walls prior to bricking and plastering. Water was also running out of a live light fitting. Patio doors were either smashed or cracked. It was heartbreaking to see what people had paid good money for.

Offline grahamturner09

« Reply #6 on: February 13, 2015, 17:10:31 PM »
I have been up there some have all the white goods and some have Aircon and sat dishes installed.in October there were spot lights up there and some Turks they said they were security guards but probably squatting

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2015, 17:57:03 PM »
We walked up there last week - some young lads 'squatting' ? in the sales office and at night there are only a couple of lights on in the whole development. The funicular is now almost completely removed - why ?? Funnily enough there has been a successful
court judgment recently on a similar debacle in Didim.

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: April 16, 2017, 12:20:56 PM »
Did this development ever get finished?

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: April 16, 2017, 18:27:03 PM »
Being worked on as we speak !

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo