Author Topic: Fifa  (Read 1539 times)

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
Fifa
« on: May 27, 2015, 08:10:09 AM »
  Six FIFA official, including vice president Jeffrey Webb have been arrested at a hotel in Zurich

on charges of giving or receiving bribes totalling $100 m. Now facing extradition to the US.

Now whoever would have thought that, corruption at FIFA, whatever next. ?         Sepp.?      ;D 

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
Re: Fifa
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 10:01:51 AM »
Pity they did not start at the top with the arrest at Fifa.  Interested to see if this opens a whole bag of worms now. 

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 11:13:28 AM »
There are now two criminal investigations, one going back 25 years and a further 10 people who

voted for the 2018 & 2022 World Cup host's are being interviewed. Police have raided FIFA

headquarters in Zurich. Blatter is adamant that the election for President will go ahead this week

I'm trying to think which other President he reminds me of.?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2015, 13:54:40 PM »
The US Attorney General said that in FIFA "corruption that is rampant, systemic and deep-rooted both abroad and here in the United States ... [it] spans at least two generations of soccer officials who, as alleged, have abused their positions of trust to acquire millions of dollars in bribes and kickbacks". Obviously this has nothing to do with Blatter; he is not responsible for what goes on in the organization of which he has been President since 1998.

Offline tinkerman

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: May 27, 2015, 16:17:14 PM »
Despite all this chaos, FIFA spokesman Walter de Gregorio revealed that Friday’s presidential elections will continue as scheduled, with a “relaxed” Sepp Blatter expected to come out victorious and remain in office.

Tony Blair has just resigned as Middle East Peace Envoy, maybe he has seen an opening?

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2015, 13:38:37 PM »
How would Erdogan react if his Presidency had come under attack like has happened in FIFA? I reckon he would have a press conference or political rally to denounce attacks as having no substance and to be a conspiracy by foreign forces to deliberately undermine his governance and the unity of the collective. Which is exactly what President Blatter has done today.

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2015, 15:27:12 PM »

But he's had to do it so many times in all his years as President.

I suspect his days are numbered due to two ongoing investigations.

I hope so for footballs sake.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf