Author Topic: attention holiday lettings  (Read 3729 times)

Offline stephengoodall

attention holiday lettings
« on: May 27, 2015, 20:00:41 PM »
I would first like to apologise for the example I am going to use if this villa belongs to you. I have been looking at booking a villa for summer 2016 for 3 weeks and came across one on holiday lettings. I put the dates in for next year and the number of guests (6) and was given a quote for 21 nights. I did this on a few villas and it came up with some really low prices to good to be true. I contacted one of the villa and received the e-mail below. the prices are massively different the owner quotes £1740 which sounds right but the web site says the price for 21 nights is £745.80 with a deposit of only £217.80 leaving a balance remaining of £528.00. I have looked at a few other villas and the same thing happens with them. you can get a 3 bed detached villa for £250 a week which the owner gives you a different price. if anyone has a got any properties on holiday lettings I would check it. I tried phoning holiday lettings up but got no joy on prices. if it is something I have got wrong I apologise but if I haven't I hope someone manages to sort out the problem.

Offline scorcher

Re: attention holiday lettings
« Reply #1 on: May 27, 2015, 20:29:00 PM »
Good spot!

Offline stephengoodall

« Reply #2 on: May 27, 2015, 20:44:05 PM »
its not just this villa I have looked at loads of villas and all the prices look very suspect. I even found one villa on holiday lettings that is also on owners direct and there was a £1000 difference in the price. if anyone has a villa on holiday lettings I would suggest they check it, I would hate anyone to book a holiday and when they get there no one knows anything about it.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2015, 12:45:24 PM »
I think its because you are trying to book outwith the date range, i.e. more than twelve months ahead.  I just had a look at your example and yes, you're right about the price for June 2016, but when you try 2015 it comes up with a more realistic price.

Bad site design (code) at fault methinks.

JF

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2015, 13:07:08 PM »
As a previous advertiser having used both of the aforementioned sites, I concur with JohnF. It is up to the individual advertiser to update the availability calendar & associated daily/weekend/weekly/monthly &a extras charges. Sadly, the majority of advertisers fail to do so on a regular basis, only updating at the start of each year.

Having read the response you received, I note that the person who replied to you is actually an 'agent' for the owner and is probably not the person responsible for updating the advert.

My advice would be to look at the corresponding dates for 2015 then add 10% to get an approximation.  8)

Offline stephengoodall

« Reply #5 on: May 28, 2015, 15:53:32 PM »
that's fine my concern was if I had paid the deposit like it said and booked the villa at the price quoted what would have happened in theory I would have got it £1000 cheaper. all sounds a bit strange to me I can appreciate that it is over 12 months in advance but if you are quoted a price and pay for that villa the owner would loose out on £1000. I hope this thread has made people aware of what is happening and hopefully details can be updated.    :)

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2015, 18:58:55 PM »
I think that you would find that until the owner or agent had confirmed the booking & sent you a contract plus terms & conditions, then they would not have to honour your booking & you would get your payment back.  8)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf