Author Topic: Hello  (Read 2331 times)

Offline JaqDav

• Hoping to retire to Calis in the next few years
Hello
« on: June 29, 2015, 18:05:42 PM »
I've been lurking about but never spent much time on the forum as only holidayed in Calis, however, me and hubby plan on moving over to Calis later on this year. So introductions, I'm Jackie Davies, husband is Paul. I've been coming to Calis beach for around 8 years but hubby only been twice but loved it enough to want to uproot our life in Doncaster and retire early to Turkey.

I think this forum is ace, so much info and people willing to offer advice/words of warning etc.

So in the next few months I'll be picking your brains clean for information we will need re residency, renting, buying...............

If anyone wants to offer us guidance then all offers gratefully accepted.
Get ready for lots of posts asking stuff. I've still got lots to read on the forum but felt it was only polite to say hello before pumping you all for info!

Just out of interest has anyone moved over there recently as a long term move?

Thanks for reading   :D

Jackie

Offline patrice

Re: Hello
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2015, 18:59:39 PM »
Welcome JaqDav
There's loads of info that you can access on this forum and lots of willing member that I am sure will be able to help you with any question Good Luck  8)

Offline Lotty

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2015, 19:58:45 PM »
Hello and welcome Jaqdav, the best advice in my opinion is to rent for a while in an area you like. You will get a great idea of the area without a tying commitment. Spending time through all the seasons could also change your mind. Good luck whatever you decide! The world is your lobster   ;)

Offline Lynne09

« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2015, 05:40:30 AM »
I agree with Lotty JaqDav rent & get a feel for the place in all seasons buying is a big commitment & most people we've spoken to recently in Calis are renting, gud luck

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2015, 08:28:46 AM »
I am with the rest of the girls, rent first to see how you like it and you need to spend a Winter there too.
We have a place in Calis and we love to spend time there, just came back from 5 weeks and will be havng 4 more weeks in September.   We orignally decided to retire to Calis, but over the years have changed our minds and now want to spend time in Calis but want to return to our place in Scotland so we can be with our family. For us, we have the right balance and the best of both worlds.
Good luck whatever you decide and let us know how things are going.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf