Author Topic: Windows 10  (Read 13804 times)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
Re: Windows 10
« Reply #50 on: January 27, 2016, 20:03:21 PM »
Kaspersky has emailed me a link to download they program security for windows 10.  I am still un-installing the computer back to factory an windows 8.  I have too many programs that are not compatible with 10,  I will have windows 10 when they start rolling out genuine computer laptops with Windows 10 and have sorted out the Gremlins. 

Nichola, yes it has Defender, but it is not doing any good.  in a few words, the free upgrade has screwed my laptop.  I may put it on the other laptop, there are not special programs on there for it to screw with.

Offline alixandria

• Newly Registered
« Reply #51 on: January 27, 2016, 20:53:36 PM »
 JohnF. We have now turned off a lot unwanted stuff thanks to those useful links you posted.Thank you.

Offline Stuart T

« Reply #52 on: January 27, 2016, 21:22:37 PM »
Good advice John F.

Thank you.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #53 on: January 27, 2016, 21:26:18 PM »
I have too many programs that are not compatible with 10

Dinosaur.

JF

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #54 on: January 28, 2016, 20:07:46 PM »
The Dinosaur program worked fine it was all the others. 
PhotoShop
Gimp
Office (all programs)
Kaspersky
DVDstyler
Utorrent
Cyberlink Suite (came with the new laptop just over a year ago)
Webstudios

That is to name a few, it was getting ridiculous, they all kept crashing,  I have reset to Factory settings and installed all programs, they appear to be working fine.  I did try your suggestions, one or 2 worked, it just got to be a pain restarting this contraption with the wind up key. 

I have been on the Microsoft forums, it appears there are some gremlins in the Windows 10,  I will try it again on my other computer in the future. 

Thanks for the help though.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #55 on: January 28, 2016, 23:40:29 PM »
PhotoShop
Gimp
Office (all programs)
Utorrent
Cyberlink Suite (came with the new laptop just over a year ago)
I got those, all worked fine after update.  Suggests summat to do with your installs as opposed to Win 10 itself.

Email me if you need a helpy handy.

JF

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #56 on: January 29, 2016, 07:39:46 AM »
Nichola, yes it has Defender, but it is not doing any good.  in a few words, the free upgrade has screwed my laptop.  I may put it on the other laptop, there are not special programs on there for it to screw with.

I only mentioned it because you said your friend bought it and it might save other people the expense  of buying something additional they don't need   :)

Offline loz

• Prolific Member
  • Black Bin BAG
« Reply #57 on: January 29, 2016, 11:24:14 AM »
Nichola thank you, my friend purchased a new tower system from Currys, she should not be having the problems she is having, she purchased at great expense Security program and Office,  both of which had problems, I sent her my "hookey" office and she installed her old security and both worked.   

John, thank you and I might take you up on your offer.   I like using Gimp for quick edits, I tried your advice but it would not make changes to the problems. 

I upgraded windows 8 to 10 in June last year, do you think that by any chance that the early roll out and upgrade could have been the problem?  considering it is only this last week that Kaspersky has rolled out a download for Windows 10.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf