Author Topic: Let's Hope...  (Read 3435 times)

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
Let's Hope...
« on: November 01, 2015, 16:19:33 PM »
We can show the world how to beat a New Zealand rugby side tonight. Thankfully we will be playing rugby played to the correct rules. It should be a cracker if our new boys play to their strengths.
" Come on England"

Offline marina

Re: Let's Hope...
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2015, 16:26:50 PM »
 ;D a man after my own heart chris35! 

While I did quite enjoy watching yesterday's Rugby 'Union' World Cup final and seeing the Kiwis win I'm looking forward to tonight's match and will NOT be shouting for them this time!    ;)

Still not sure if we have enough strength to win the series against the world champions in this code too, but I shall be watching, large glass of wine and fingers crossed that we get off to a good start.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2015, 16:54:29 PM »
;D a man after my own heart chris35! 

While I did quite enjoy watching yesterday's Rugby 'Union' World Cup final and seeing the Kiwis win I'm looking forward to tonight's match and will NOT be shouting for them this time!     ;)

Still not sure if we have enough strength to win the series against the world champions in this code too, but I shall be watching, large glass of wine and fingers crossed that we get off to a good start.

Cider over ice for me. Would have been a stronger team for me with Tompkins in the side,but he's not fit.
Big game for Chris Hill, a Leyther like myself.

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2015, 16:59:03 PM »
Tomkins been out too long for me, Hardaker in form

Here goes!   ;D

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2015, 18:09:22 PM »
Cider over ice for me.
It would be very easy to have contempt for sport whose devotees would drink such an offence to the noble apple. But it is probably only Strongbow instead of proper cider so I shall attempt to rise above this prejudice.

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2015, 18:59:35 PM »
Cider over ice for me.
It would be very easy to have contempt for sport whose devotees would drink such an offence to the noble apple. But it is probably only Strongbow instead of proper cider so I shall attempt to rise above this prejudice.

Nice one Colwyn. To be perfectly honest I am a "Bitter" drinker,but I drank all my weekly supply yesterday so I've had to nick a can of the wife's supply. But... If drinking the apple stuff results in us beating the Kiwis it's cider again for the next game. "Come on England".

Offline marina

« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2015, 19:09:02 PM »
Looks like it's cider next 2 weeks chris!   ;D
Shaky start, much better 2nd half. Pleased Ferres got his 2 tries and MOM.
Looking forward to next week now.

Offline Dennis Vint

« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2015, 09:23:35 AM »
Training at Leigh Sports Village how could they lose?  All Leythers (and Yorkshire men of course)............."Come on England!"   ;D  8)

Offline marina

« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2015, 09:42:34 AM »
Yes, don't forget the Yorkshiremen Dennis!    ;)  ;D

Offline chris35

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2015, 16:51:40 PM »
The next game will be the decider. Win it and we win the series,lose it and we will lose the series. We will have to be really up for it for the next battle as you can absolutely guarantee the Kiwis will. Can't understand why we are playing the second test in London. Surely the crowds will be down on last nights. Hope I'm proved wrong but we'll see.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf