Author Topic: Farage-Could he be the man to lead UK out of Europe?  (Read 3655 times)

Offline stoop

• Cerial Killer
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Farage-Could he be the man to lead UK out of Europe?
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2015, 20:40:54 PM »
Next weeks local election will be the litmus test. If he wins as many votes from labour as he thinks he will then it cold be the beginning of the end for Corbyn.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2015, 14:08:46 PM »
Stoop do you mean next year's local elections?  Yes UKIP has shown that it is capable of taking votes from Labour, even before Corbyn, but is unlikely to win many more councillors than their high water mark 2-3 years back, and their impact on the Labour vote in Parliamentary elections earlier this year.  UKIP have shown when it comes to it they do not beat the Tories.  As indeed has no challenge to the dominant single  right wing party in the UK (or perhaps that should be England) has ever been successful - whether from the right or the left - and UKIP will be no different.

I think Farage recognises that now and UKIP - under his direction - will be refocused on its original single issue purpose, EU exit, through the referendum campaign.  Rather than being a broad based party with a wide programme of policies for government.  We shall see how Farage works with the other 'out' groups, but I rather suspect he will lead and they will be forced to follow.  I suspect that Cameron will regret playing the referendum card to placate his right wing 'exiteers', because if he loses the referendum and the UK exits, that will be his single political legacy ..... not much for the political headstone!! ;D ;D

Those taking issue with the comparison with Churchill and De Guale, I accept your points on comparison with political giants, but the point I was trying to make was, despite their unpopularity at that time with huge swathes of the British and French population, respectively, they did carry the day in the end ..... cometh the hour .... cometh the man!  ;)

Offline nichola

• Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2015, 14:22:46 PM »
Keep up UBT, Stoop is on about the by-election to be held on 3 December 2015 in the constituency of Oldham West and Royton in Greater Manchester following the death of Michael Meacher.

Offline usedbustickets

• Institute for the hard of understanding
« Reply #13 on: November 27, 2015, 14:34:00 PM »
Keep up UBT, Stoop is on about the by-election to be held on 3 December 2015 in the constituency of Oldham West and Royton in Greater Manchester following the death of Michael Meacher.
I am keeping up. Stoop referred to 'next week's local election' which is why I queried it. For almost forty years I worked in many Parliamentary by-elections and too many to count local elections, which is why I know the difference between the two. : :)

Distraction dealt with ..... now let's get back on the original subject of Farage   ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf