Author Topic: Where to start???  (Read 10191 times)

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
Re: Where to start???
« Reply #20 on: January 16, 2017, 16:11:21 PM »
Thanks KKOB

Will be a rental van that will be going back to the UK,  Have already checked with the hire company regarding breakdown cover, Do you know if they check every vehicles contents or us it pot luck at Borders.

Thanks

Lee

Offline Hamlet

« Reply #21 on: January 16, 2017, 16:29:57 PM »
https://www.turkeycentral.com/topic/11089-driving-to-turkey-from-the-uk/

This is a link from another forum, it's an old thread but there are experiences and sample routes of various members which might be informative for you to digest. All info helps when you are planning a trip like this, it's worth knowing all old info so you can then go forwards and check its relevance now.

FYI. The post on that site by Keith112 is the one that I wrote, pompeylee.

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #22 on: January 16, 2017, 18:05:28 PM »
Thanks KKOB

Will be a rental van that will be going back to the UK,  Have already checked with the hire company regarding breakdown cover, Do you know if they check every vehicles contents or us it pot luck at Borders.

Thanks

Lee

Not 100% sure but I think you need the original V5(C) and I don't think a rental company would let you have that.

It's a bit hit and miss with checking of cars, but a van's contents would definitely be checked.

Offline pompeylee

• Newly Registered
« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2017, 18:31:54 PM »
Getting closer until we start the journey/drive....
Rental company has said they will let us have V5 should we need it or if they are unable to get us a green card for turkey which we have been told we can get at the border if we need to,  question I have if anyone can help is what is the easiest way to buy the ferry ticket from Italy to Greece crossing? And guidance appreciated.

Lee

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf