Author Topic: new one for us  (Read 3545 times)

Offline Ally B

new one for us
« on: July 11, 2016, 20:40:43 PM »
For the last four years we have stayed at the quiet end of the prom and visited various bars and restaurants at that end mostly.One place we never ever went into was Cafe Bahane. I always thought it was very hippy'ish and sometimes there are a few motorbikes outside, not my cup of tea. This year we were heading back to the apartment when the heavens opened just as we were approaching the Bahane, to save a soaking we went in for a drink. It was good for me because they had draught beer Efes Malt and Bomonti.While we waited for the rain to go off a man at the next table had burger and chips it looked good and he said it was the best burger he had tasted.   A week later we had one of those  "where will we eat"   "what will we eat"kind of nights so we decided to have a drink in the Bahane and make up our minds. They dont over advertise the food but we found a menu for finger food with about twelve items on it. My wife had the burger and really enjoyed it and I had the beer basket which consisted of  two pieces of borek,two potato croquette's,  two small spring rolls,  two fingers of soft cheese in breadcrumbs, four pieces of frankfurter and herby chips,  all for a fiver. It really is worth a try. I am ashamed to say I had them all down as druggies but they were the nicest people you could meet.  P.S. According to mrs B I made a fool of myself by asking for a fork and knife.

Offline marina

Re: new one for us
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 20:47:23 PM »
To be honest, it sounds like somewhere we'd walk past too   ;)  But then you do miss some of the nicest places to eat and drink as we've found out to our cost before.

I'm sure I've seen it but can you remind me where it is AllyB please? 

Offline Fran

new one for us
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 21:00:08 PM »
I used to think the same, but started going for a drink there last year, it's open all year round and has live music. Never eaten there though.Marina it's on the prom at the Letoon end.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline marina

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2016, 21:01:55 PM »
Thanks Fran, we must have walked past it many times, will look out for it next time.

Offline Ally B

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2016, 21:26:09 PM »
Its next to Malhun Hotel and Yasemin Hotel (ex Dolphin hotel}

Offline marina

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2016, 21:29:37 PM »
Yep, got it now, thanks AllyB    :)

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2016, 22:00:39 PM »
According to a certain Restaurant Guide (never to be relied on   :)) it's approaching 900 metres from the Viewing Point.

Offline thebillet

« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2016, 09:48:03 AM »
We were frequent visitors to Café Bahane, really lovely people and the Bomonti made a refreshing change to Efes. The only word of caution I would mention is to avoid Sunday afternoon if you don't like smoking. It is very popular with local people and sat outside on a Sunday usually meant heavy smoking is the norm, other than that it was our bar of choice on the prom.

Offline bells

« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2016, 10:43:04 AM »
We too were like most people not sure of the place, but once we tried it, are now regular visitors.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf