Author Topic: N&P Warning  (Read 7597 times)

Offline sadler

Re: N&P Warning
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2017, 10:02:20 AM »
It is always advisable not to draw cash on a credit card, unless it specifically states that cash withdrawals are free of interest if paid in full on the payment date. It is treated as a loan. I don't know of any credit cards on the market now which have this facility ( once NnP is withdrawn). My personal mantra is to never draw cash on a credit card. Can be a very costly mistake!

Offline LeeGlo

« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2017, 13:23:31 PM »
Nationwide Flex account used to offer free STERLING cash withdrawals abroard on a debit card, don't know if they still have this or any equivalent accounts now, might be worth a check on their website.

Offline sadler

« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2017, 13:55:47 PM »
I think that facility was withdrawn. I used to have that account with them but don't use it now. My financial habits lead me to think that I would have stopped using it because it was withdrawn, but I may be wrong!

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2017, 14:37:53 PM »
The drawbacks with sterling withdrawals is that not all places have sterling ATMs and if they do then you have to go to find a change office (not good if you are travelling). For me it would be quicker  and more convenient to pay off credit card online next day and also get a better exchange rate than the change office. Perhaps some bank will see the marketing opportunity in offering a replacement service to N&P when it goes to the cold Banking Beyond. Perhaps I'm a cock-eyed optimist having just learned that our stretch of the little River Frome has acquired a resident otter - captured on video and confirmed by a couple of local police officers.

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #14 on: February 02, 2017, 20:14:04 PM »
Just found;
Santander 3 Current Account, you'll get:
fee-free withdrawals from Santander branded cash machines abroad when you use the local currency option.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 20:17:50 PM »
I knew they did that for Spain. Do they have machines in Turkey and does it apply?

Offline KKOB

• Prolific Member
  • I'm hearing the word.... Nonce !
« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 20:21:52 PM »
Santander have a stake in Garanti Bank. Perhaps they have a reciprocal arrangement ?

Offline bewva

• Prolific Member
« Reply #17 on: February 02, 2017, 20:25:47 PM »
Scrub that :-(
Turkey is not one of the listed countries.

Offline Kevin Sowten

• Newly Registered
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2017, 05:59:43 AM »
We've used N&P for over 2 years and take TL out of HSBC ATMs free. Last week we got 4.81 (much better than change offices)
It will be interesting to see what exchange rate our Lloyds account gives after the N&P demise (Lloyds charge 1.5% fee for withdrawals - min £2 max £4.50) or whether we will do better withdrawing sterling and changing it locally.

Offline yabanci

« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2017, 09:47:48 AM »
Nationwide Flex account used to offer free STERLING cash withdrawals abroard on a debit card, don't know if they still have this or any equivalent accounts now

I have a Flex Account and I still get free Sterling cash withdrawals in Turkey using my Nationwide Visa Debit Card.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf