Author Topic: Sleeping well  (Read 6143 times)

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
Sleeping well
« on: February 28, 2017, 11:51:12 AM »
As a younger person I used to sleep really easily but gradually found it more difficult after a family crisis. My sleep never really was easy for years and then I had reason to go and see an Endocrinologist for an analysis and found my vitamin D level was on the lower side, it was on a scale of 30 to 100 only 36 so had to take vitamin D tablets every fortnight in quite a high dosage. I never gave my sleep a thought when I started taking vitamin D but have found that my sleep is really good now. I do not know if this is an effect of the vitamin D but it does definitely seem to be since taking it that my sleep has improved. Just mentioned this as I know how unpleasant lack of sleep can be.

Offline BernieTeyze

Re: Sleeping well
« Reply #1 on: February 28, 2017, 16:08:43 PM »
Can you buy that here in Turkey please?

Offline kayakebab

• Too Normal For Calis?
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2017, 16:48:11 PM »
You shouldnt really need Vit D supplements in Turkey as its made by the skin in response to sunlight.
Unless you cant absorb it or never go out youre unlikely to be deficient here.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Offline sadler

« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2017, 16:55:31 PM »
I don't know about helping with sleeplessness Fabian, but I have been taking vit D for over a year now on a daily basis. For the first winter ever, I have not had a single snuffle. I normally have horrendous colds several times a year. I have even survived my husband "dying from man flu" and my grandchildrens' various bugs without catching them. It is normally me who infects everyone else. I originally started to take them as they supposedly keep the grey matter functioning properly!   :)

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2017, 17:41:29 PM »
I originally started to take them as they supposedly keep the grey matter functioning properly!     :)
Does that mean you decided to start when your brain wasn't working properly?

Offline Jacqui Harvey

• Prolific Member
  • Antiques are Green
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2017, 17:50:21 PM »
They do sell sleeping tablets over the counter in Fethiye, the Chemists opposite Migros has them and also the Chemist in Calis Beach.  They are called Unisom and are really much cheaper than sleeping tablets in the U.K. Best only to take them occasionally though.       ;) :   :)

For grey-matter try Ginkgo Bilbao. 800mg. One per day.  Helps the memory.  Need to remember to take them..catch 22 really.     ;)

Offline sadler

« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2017, 17:53:22 PM »
I originally started to take them as they supposedly keep the grey matter functioning properly!      :)
Does that mean you decided to start when your brain wasn't working properly?

Don't think it has ever worked properly Colwyn, just wanted to keep it at the level it was!

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #7 on: February 28, 2017, 21:01:25 PM »
How bizzare reading this thread, as i was only talking to my eldest son this morn about taking Vitamin D ( he never leaves the house) he agreed to take it and me with brain fog forgot to buy it when i went out! There was a phone in on the radio about a week ago i think it was a gp who said she had tested someone and they were found to be really low on it, she recommended all us Brits ( if you living in Uk) taking vitamin D throughout the winter months

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2017, 22:08:28 PM »
With all the sunlight in Turkey I do not think that any vitamin D supplement is needed. I never want to resort to sleeping tablets as I think they are not the answer except maybe in the short time at a time of crisis. I did try the night dosage of Dr. Bachs rescue remedy though and found it was good but that is made from flowers. When I started looking into why we need vitamin D is was amazed how much of an effect it has on the body and people with psoriasis benefit from it, I wish that I had known this before as a family member who is now dead suffered so badly from this condition. I also watched a video on the internet that stated that women who suffer from breast cancer are frequently low in vitamin D and there is a school of thought that it may prevent cancer although not be a cure. I may be banging the drum a bit but I never knew any of this before and never heard anything promoting the effects it has on us.
Glad that you are finding you are keeping well Sadler and long may you benefit.! :D

Offline Daffodil

• Newly Registered
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2017, 22:24:36 PM »
Anyone remember having Cod Liver oil given to them as a child? Now I know it was the old fashioned way of giving children Vitamin D in post war Britain which was  still on rationing.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf