Author Topic: Recommended hairdresser  (Read 18400 times)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Recommended hairdresser
« Reply #70 on: July 01, 2017, 23:04:09 PM »
It's like we don't all like our gin and tonics presented in the same way?

Like somewhere there are some people who like to be overcharged and be told they had other treatments they hadn't had?

I don't get it, sorry.

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #71 on: July 01, 2017, 23:09:28 PM »
Actually, for the record...

Wendy didn't come here to slate or complain about the salon - she returned to give feedback as she had previously asked for recommendations on here. She reported no ripoff, just mixed feelings in regard to what she was charged, for what she had done.

Offline scorcher

« Reply #72 on: July 01, 2017, 23:18:01 PM »
Permanent wave coming soonish?

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #73 on: July 01, 2017, 23:21:17 PM »
Beehive Frank

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #74 on: July 02, 2017, 00:39:17 AM »
You can all crawl out of the woodwork to defend this business, but the bottom line is that a CBF member got ripped off and the business owner is now in damage limitation mode.  Keith has far more restrain than I do, so for the time being I will restrict my response to saying that I agree with his analysis of the situation.

JF

Offline WendyA

« Reply #75 on: July 02, 2017, 00:53:18 AM »
It's true that, as Scummer says, if you read the posts of mine on the first page I was just giving feedback and this has all got very out of hand. I have had quite a lot of abuse when all I was doing was warning people that I thought - and still do, that 460 TL is a lot of money in Calis for highlights, a cut and shellac nails with manicure and pedicure. I paid up having seen Turkan itemise it on a pencil written list. I didn't complain as I assumed she had written the costs down accurately - I had no reason to mistrust her and just thought her prices high (and no, I hadn't asked for the hair prices, although, as she had suggested the nails I asked for those and she said she would knock 10TL off for both). I didn't query it as I showed trust. When I returned to England I just added the warning as to her costs onto the post I had started asking where the salon was. She shot herself in the foot then by pretending that she had my bill (now written in biro) with 4 additional treatments on it, coming to the same 460T (but no 10TL discount!).
Those of you who have been charged less should appreciate that I have been ripped off and support me in this. I didn't go back and complain and didn't try to run her down at all but she has subsequently shown that she is capable of not only inflating my charges but also trying to cover up these with her fake bill and so I am now much less trusting of her. Those who frequent her salon or may do in the future should just be aware of this. I assure you Nick11 that you may not have any other side to the story but I would have thought that the person most believable on here has to be me if you take all this into consideration. However - yours' and everyone else's choice!

Offline trainer

• Last man standing
« Reply #76 on: July 02, 2017, 10:38:11 AM »
I honestly cant believe all the fuss about some one giving there honest opinion on a service that they have had Wendy went and had her hair done came out not to impressed with whats been done thought it was a bit over priced and gave a review how many people have done this after a meal,  I would ignore most of what the expat community have to say anyway these are the same people who complain when they are charged the same price as tourists for there effes

Offline WendyA

« Reply #77 on: July 02, 2017, 11:22:18 AM »
Thanks, Trainer - I'll say no more now, but in defence of myself after a pm this morning, I did not go back
and complain to this 'lovely professional lady' as I falsely assumed (it would appear subsequently) that she'd not ripped me off but was just expensive. I also had to leave Turkey very promptly as my 90 year old father had to have a heart operation. It isn't nice, and completely pointless, where people accuse me of lying. Why ever would I?

Offline BernieTeyze

« Reply #78 on: July 02, 2017, 11:29:05 AM »
What do you mean get charged same price as tourists..you mean you should get it cheaper if you live here...watch this space.. I,'ll be taking this up with a few of my local establishments  8) ;D ;D : :)

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #79 on: July 02, 2017, 11:30:24 AM »
Not cheaper, just not as much more  ;)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf