Author Topic: Christmas  (Read 7245 times)

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
Christmas
« on: September 06, 2017, 10:29:14 AM »
Thinking of visiting Turkey over Christmas, we have never seen Turkey out of season so were going to give it a try. Looked at Ovacik and Calais but have also seen what there is near Antalya and looking at the prices for some hotels in Side it would be cheaper than staying at home. And as they are all massive hotels with indoor pools even if the weathers poor there's something to do. and if its fine we will do what we usually do and travel around a little. and see a bit more of this beautiful country.

Offline Colwyn

• Prolific Member
Re: Christmas
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2017, 14:24:19 PM »
If you are travelling when there, you might go down to the south coast of the Tepe Peninsula, past Kalkan and Kas, to Demre (formerly Myra), where Father Christmas alias Santa Claus alias St Nicholas, Bishop of Myra is buried (in a little church). Or if you don't want to go that far you could go to Patara - where he was born. That will go down a treat as a little anecdote: "This year, on Cristmas Day, we went to visit Father Christmas' grave." Don't tell the little ones though.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2017, 15:04:19 PM »
I made my girls venison once.  They enjoyed it until I told them they'd just eaten Bambi.

:)

JF

Offline madmart

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2017, 19:35:14 PM »
I made my girls venison once.  They enjoyed it until I told them they'd just eaten Bambi.

:)

JF

My mate once changed the pub daily special board from Beef and Venison pie to Daisy and Bambi pie.

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2017, 20:42:38 PM »
The hotels at Lara beach.. Antalya all cater for Xmas.. Barut Lara is our favourite because they have export drinks and it had a wonderful atmosphere.. The beaches are gorgeous and we have spent many a Xmas day on it.. It is usually mid 20's so warm enough to sit out too eat during the day.. I would book flight and hotel seperately if it is cheaper.. Sunshine holidays.co.uk.. Side was a lot further for us to travel from Fethiye..

Offline mercury

• Turkey
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2017, 20:43:51 PM »
We visited Baba Noel's home last October.. wasn't that impressed but it was extremely busy..

Offline sadler

« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2017, 20:46:26 PM »
It usually is spoilt once the commercial market gets hold of it.   :)

Offline MrT

• Newly Registered
« Reply #7 on: September 07, 2017, 11:17:21 AM »
The hotels at Lara beach.. Antalya all cater for Xmas.. Barut Lara is our favourite because they have export drinks and it had a wonderful atmosphere.. The beaches are gorgeous and we have spent many a Xmas day on it.. It is usually mid 20's so warm enough to sit out too eat during the day.. I would book flight and hotel seperately if it is cheaper.. Sunshine holidays.co.uk.. Side was a lot further for us to travel from Fethiye..

It was a Barut hotel we have been looking at the Barut Cennet @ Arcanthus in Side, I will have a look at the Barut Lara we usually do book everything separately surprised to hear it can get up to 20 degrees we were anticipating mid teens.

At first we were thinking of a break to Malaga so we could visit places in Spain we have never seen Granada / Seville etc as the flights are £100 return but as we looked into it accommodation was very expensive and weighing one up against the other there isn't much difference in the overall price. apart from the hotels look much more luxurious in around Antalya.

Offline JohnF

• Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: September 07, 2017, 23:56:56 PM »
Gimme your dates might be able to do you a deal in Jerez ????

Kidding...

JF

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #9 on: December 20, 2017, 22:54:30 PM »
We are looking at staying at one of the hotels in Antalya in mid January. One I have my eye on is called the Liberty Lara Iv come across something tonight that says this hotel used to be called the Lara Beach hotel, which Iv heard good things about in the past...can anyone confirm if this did used to be the Lara Beach please? Thanks in advance ????

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf