Author Topic: Sexual Harassment  (Read 4681 times)

Offline Anne

• A Barmaid, From Hell
  • Global Moderator
  • Prolific Member
Re: Sexual Harassment
« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2017, 23:01:51 PM »
I agree with Bluwise.  Sort it then and there, not 20 years later.

The press are having a field day with this.  Guilty as accused was never fair in my book

Offline Scunner

• Chairman of the Bored
  • Administrator
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #11 on: November 06, 2017, 23:13:17 PM »

But should fondling and touching carried out 30 years ago, when it was the norm be tried and judged by today's standards.?

The legal profession seem to think yes, if it's someone famous or rich.

That is a good question - it is a serious matter and a serious problem but times have changed - just watch an old Carry On film and things like Sid James giving a girl a quick slap on the behind was seen as a normal everyday friendly gesture (and taken as such). Do that today and you could find yourself on the sex offenders register.

Should the real Sid James types of the 70s be arrested and charged? Or can we accept that times have changed and that these things are no longer acceptable...

Offline Highlander

• Lord of the Rings
  • Prolific Member
« Reply #12 on: November 06, 2017, 23:25:35 PM »
On the other side of the coin, spare a thought for men who are falsely accused of sexual harassment.   

Offline kevin3

• Prolific Member
« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2017, 09:55:52 AM »

Years ago I worked for a division of ICI and would carry out work in offices, workshops and factories staffed mainly by women.

I would get wolf whistles and suggestive remarks called out and if I was working on a machine I would get my bum squeezed

or my back stroked. It was all a bit of fun and not offensive. A few weeks ago there was a case in the news where builder, a

middle aged father of five asked the police to take action against a woman that wolf whistled him and took his picture on her

camera phone as she walked past a building site, and the police followed it up. !!!!!!!          The worlds going mad.        :( :(

Offline Daffodil2017

• Newly Registered
« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2017, 14:58:37 PM »
Couldn't,t handle what women have been treated like then! That sort of thing used to happen to me walking to school!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf