Author Topic: TransferWise.  (Read 7435 times)

Offline jackstee

TransferWise.
« on: January 22, 2019, 10:11:00 AM »
Well, being a bit of a doubter I tried it yesterday.
Initially a bit of a problem with signing on but they have a help ( chat ) facility that sorted it out quickly.
At 5 to three in the afternoon I signed on. By 3 they informed me that they had received the cash from my bank.
At 10 passed 3 I got a mail saying it would be in Turkey within 21 minutes and then one saying it was in my Bank.
Went to the bank at 4.30 and it was there.
Good exchange rate and the first transfer was free. I believe they charge 12.50 normally and the max at the moment is 10,000 GPB.
Really impressed.

Offline spo6666

• Paul
Re: TransferWise.
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2019, 12:57:10 PM »
I have used transferwise for a few years now, always quick and reliable   :)

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2020, 11:56:35 AM »
Soo we are in the dilemma of needing to pay our site fees so gardener can be paid etc.
Iv just found this thread Iv never sent any money abroad before, is this still the best company to use can anyone tell me please, I bizarrely found an email from XE in my spam folder not sure if anyone recommends them?
Of course we want to pay as little as possible in fees!
Grateful for any recommendations as always.

Offline Fran

TransferWise.
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2020, 15:19:55 PM »
I use TransferWise all the time, it’s quick and easy to use. You see the exchange rate and the fees in real time. Money usually arrives same day. Here is today’s rate

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline thekeyclan

« Reply #4 on: April 07, 2020, 17:43:46 PM »
I use Transferwise as my preferred method of transferring money abroad. I have not had a problem to date and have found that the ultimate exchange rate (after their fee has been deducted) is still very competitive. Very easy to set up and monies are generally received within 24 hours.

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2020, 18:47:40 PM »
Excellent thank you so much for replies and that screenshot is a great help thank u Fran   :)

Offline hornedfrog

« Reply #6 on: April 08, 2020, 08:11:22 AM »
You may also consider using Revolut...we use it for paying fees every month, plus other periodic fees or charges.

Revolut offers three ways of transferring money at BANK RATES and with NO FEES:

1. Revolut user to another Revolut user (probably not applicable here as Revolut is not accepting Turkey user applications yet);
2. Bank transfer, where you input the recipient details (IBAN/SWIFT/BIC); or
3. Payment link, where you create a money "package" with a link to send to the recipient to enter their own bank details to accept and execute the payment.[/li][/list]

I tend to use Payment Link most often (90%) and it is easy, swift, safe and still traceable. You just need to inform the recipient by email or WhatsApp to enter their own IBAN/SWIFT/BIC details to accept the payment. You'll get notifications throughout the process...as I said, safe and easy to use.

I've really only had to use Revolut Bank Transfer twice; once for someone who just really couldn't get her head around the process and the second for a furniture manufacturer whose policies and accounts department wouldn't allow it.

PM me if you want me to walk you through the process, but can highly recommend. I may also be able to refer you for a free card, but anyone with a Revolut account can do that if you ask.
Dale

Offline BUBSMUM

« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2020, 08:40:05 AM »
I've been looking at this for a couple of months now. Transferwise seems the best deal to transfer money from a UK bank to your Turkish account with low charges and on the day exchange rates being the attraction.

My question is, do your Turkish Bank make a charge for RECEIVING the money?  I am with TEB and although their website is pretty rubbish, I did find something that said that there was a charge (but that could be a general thing if you used SWIFT)

Maybe the test for me would be to transfer a small amount initially?

Offline Karennina

• Prolific Member
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2020, 11:28:16 AM »
Thank you very much Dale for all the info re the Revolut card I have heard and read many good things about this account in the past, I will have a think about that as I have a Starling account which I just love   :)

Ooh I didn’t think about that side of things Bubsmum as in whether the recipentant will have to pay a fee to receive the money!
If you do decide to test it out I’d be interested in knowing if there was a charge as I would have to incorporate that with my payment...

Offline Fran

« Reply #9 on: April 08, 2020, 11:39:02 AM »
There is no charge from Garanti bank when you use TransferWise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf